LG lw650t, lw550t or Samsung ps51d6900

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by KatieEvo, Jan 11, 2012.

1. KatieEvo

KatieEvo
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there. I'm new here so please bear with me.

I'm after a new tv ideally around 46" and quiet fancy going 3D. Budget is around £900 but would like to spend a bit less if possible.
    I'm considering the Panasonic 42" GT30, LG lw650t or lw550t or Samsung ps51d6900 will be watching movies sports and gaming. I've read many reviews and quiet like the idea of the passive LG's but then it seems like there's a lot of problems with the sets especially with gaming issues? Also there's the issue with it not being full 1080p 3D HD, is this noticable?

The Panasonic seems really good but offput but the expensive glasses as like to have friends over for movie nights whilst the Samsung seems to be quiet highly rated and glasses cheaper than other active sets?

Also been keeping an eye on the CES threads, would it be worth waiting for the new releases considering these will most probably be out of budget?

As I've been going round in circles any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  2. golly99

golly99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Hi might be worth checking my reply in the 3dtv forum it's titled ex 47lw550t owner, basically I had a 550t now got a d6900. There's also a d6900 thread under plasma

3. LOEF

LOEF
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The D6900 is a very very good set.

Unlike in the LED range when the 6 series to the 7 & 8 series TVs the gap is massive in the plasma range its much closer for some reason.