• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG LRH 790 fw update

GoofyNascar

Standard Member
Hi,

I am in canada and have the LG LRH 790 and was wondering if I can use the 780 ntsc fw update. My drive stop seeing dvd's and I replaced it with a new one model # gh22lp20. Now I can play some older dvd but the new ones errors out. Plus I cannot burn any programs off the hhd to dvd. Should I update the fw for the loader to sl40. Any help would be appreciated. :thumbsup:
Here are some info I gathered
Mod. Name: RH1000
region code: 1 N.A.
loader = 1.01 HD Size = 250
Set Ver - 60417a.nt
ops codes are 90, 20, 00, 79, 0e, 9e,03, 01

Thank you

GoofyNascar

pmac

Standard Member
I have the LG and it will not see a disc when I put one in the drive. I think it needs a new dvd drive . I'm going to send mine in for repair. I will let you know how it goes. I have Star Choice and I found out they are going to start to use copy protection(cgms and hdcp) so hdd players will not be able to record any more. I already had a few shows on A&E that would not record yesterday.

fgallichand

Novice Member
Hi,

I am in canada and have the LG LRH 790 and was wondering if I can use the 780 ntsc fw update. My drive stop seeing dvd's and I replaced it with a new one model # gh22lp20. Now I can play some older dvd but the new ones errors out. Plus I cannot burn any programs off the hhd to dvd. Should I update the fw for the loader to sl40. Any help would be appreciated. :thumbsup:
Here are some info I gathered
Mod. Name: RH1000
region code: 1 N.A.
loader = 1.01 HD Size = 250
Set Ver - 60417a.nt
ops codes are 90, 20, 00, 79, 0e, 9e,03, 01

Thank you

GoofyNascar

Hello GoofyNascar,

I have the same recorder, and naturally the same problem. I was curious to know how it turned out. You said you replaced the drive with a gh22lp20; does it fit inside the lrh-790? Were you able to solved the problems, and if so, how?

Thanks for the help.

Fgallichand.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom