• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Lg Lht550tb

JackL

Established Member
Bought this surround system with LG 37 LCD tv. Great kit.
Was wondering if anyone knew how to turn down the volume on the sub woofer, too much base, when watching TV (not DVD) have set sub to 1 when watching DVD but dont know how to adjust it when watching ordinary TV (SKY etc).
Have set player audio to 'playmtrx' on display to enable all 4 tall speakers.
Any advice would be great
thanks in advance:)

ADDS

Standard Member
Hi there

I have the same unit. As far as I know you cannot as such turn the sub down independently, the way I have combatted this problem is to go into the sound settings. Where you set up all the speakers, for distance, etc, I have. On the Sub I have lowered this to the lowest possible volume setting of (-5).

If there is another way - I don't know it.

Hope it helps.

JackL

Established Member
Thanks for the advice ADDS just set woofer to -5 and it is now much better.
Its good to talk.:thumbsup:

O

Ovihw

Hi
I just got the lg system but need some help with the cabling please! i have only setup 3 speakers and the sub but i'm getting no sound from the sub. this might be very basic but would all the speakers need to be connected before the sub works?

thanks

JackL

Established Member
Hi OVihw,
Try just connecting the other 2 speaker up and see if the sub works ( while you are at the back check the connections for the speaker cable on the sub, or go into set up - sound, and check the function of your speaker there. They may need volume adjusting. Sorry not much help.

ADDS

Standard Member
Actually guys, not sure if you were aware but I found something that you may be interested in... Turn the DVD player into 'Multi-Region'

MULTI-REGION

Power on the player with no disk in the drive
Wait for "No Disk" message to appear
Press PAUSE and ENTER on the remote
Enter 3, 1, 4, 1, 5, 9 on the remote (the wode COdE or FF appears on the display)
Enter 0 on the remote (0 = All Regions, 1 = Region 1, 2 = Region 2 etc)
Press PAUSE on the remote
Power the player OFF, wait 30 seconds and then power back ON.

It worked fine on mine - managed to borrow 'Jap DTS version of House Of Flying Daggers' Wow!

JackL

Established Member
Just had sky plus installed and was wondering if you can attach it the LG 550 for dolby sound. Cant seem to find an optical input. Or is it a case of just using 'playmtrx' on the AUX function.

ADDS

Standard Member
Really? Not sure to be honest, not really an issue I have to worry about as I don't have SKY. Will see what I can find out tomorrow though. Keep us informed if you have any luck.

ADDS

Standard Member
Hi Jack...

I found an earllier post on this very same forum with the exact same problem, and it don't appear to be good news I am afraid... I have pasted the response below:

your DVD's will play in DD5.1 via your satellite speakers etc. that are connected to your DVD player which also acts as the surround sound amplifier. The best picture quality will be acheived using component leads from DVD to the component inputs on the plasma. Obviously you will have then to manually switch to whichever video input the components are on on the plasma.

Unnfortunately the only way to get DD5.1 out of Sky (on movies for example) is by using the optical out on the Sky+ box, this is no good to you however as the DVD player doesn't have an optical in and therefore can't distribute the DD5.1 to your speakers. Therefore I am afraid with that kit you can only watch Sky+ in Stereo.

The good new is though that you can rely on a single scart lead (fully wired) connected from the TV Scart on the Sky Box to your AV1 input on the back of the plasma to pass video AND audio to the plasma with the added advantage that switching on the Sky box will automatically switch the plasma to the AV1 input that it is plugged into. When you do this make sure that the sky box is set to output RGB and not PAL. This option can be found in the services menu in the sky on screen menu.

JackL

Established Member
Thanks ADDS,
Its a pity that there is no optical input. I will just have to make do with listening via AUX - Playmtrx, the sound is pretty good thru that and its comes out of all 5 speakers. Dont know whether its pure DD 5.1 but when i am tone deaf and the missus doesnt give **** anyway its ok. Good machine though.:thumbsup:
JackL

carlnewboult

Standard Member
how much of a difference is it to surround sound. By that I mean is it just like having all five speakers putting out the same sound ?

The only reason i ask is that I am limited to £200 for a surround sound system and am looking for something good but with floor speakers as not too keen on small speakers.

E

Easty

how much of a difference is it to surround sound. By that I mean is it just like having all five speakers putting out the same sound ?

The only reason i ask is that I am limited to £200 for a surround sound system and am looking for something good but with floor speakers as not too keen on small speakers.

just about to ask the same thing as i am a novice and was uncertain what this meant:confused: : Digital input = No as stated here
http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/sto...dhhmdfhn.0&page=Product&sku=643198&tabIndex=1

Now totally mixed up:suicide: ,Will this effect the system when UK goes all digital.
:lease:

Easty

K

kent1976

Hi all,

Just discovered this forum and hope someone could help me. I bought an LG Plasma TV model-50PC55 and also an LGHome cinema system Model-LH-T550TB.

It plays fine when i play dvd and the sound is good. the only problem is getting the sound from the five speakers when using Sky plus. I am not bothered if the sound is not 5.1 as lond as there is sound there. I have been to various shops and have been given mixed advice contradicting with each other. The Sky plus is connected direct to TV through scart and so is the entertainment system. I have also bought audio phonos but they don't work

Please help as i am now pulling my hair.

JackL

Established Member
Hi Kent1976,
Try pressing the AUX button on top of the dvd remote then press the audio button followed by the sound button ( TV - AUDIO displayed), keep pushing the sound button until you see PL II MTRX displayed. You should then get sound out of all 5 speakers - Yippee
If that fails have a look at connecting the DVD to AV1 on the TV instead of AV2. I have been told that works on some tvs (Mine is connected to AV2 and i have an LG LCD)

davemaden

Standard Member
a friend has this dvd player and is only getting the background sound and music whenplaying a dvd no sound when the main characters are speaking has anyone any ideas , or can some tell me what settings should be set to in the menu thanks

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
sounds like its set to phantom or something.
i would just play with the audio buttons,or check if there is a button to select effects.
you would want them off.

G

glitszy

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have been left an LG LHT550TB DVD player by my ex boyfriend who has said I can have it but I'm missing some cables.
I only have the DVD player, 4 stand up speakers, the big base box and the short floor level speaker. Do the speakers connect to the DVD player. I know I sound thick but I thought I heard my ex say once that it's wireless or maybe he was talking about something else. I probably wasn't really listening.
I've only just registered on this site. If you think you can help then please post.

Many thanks for your help and support. Seems like a good site to gain it.

HK:lease::suicide:

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Yes,the speakers all connect into the back of the dvd player.
it isnt wireless,so he must have been talking about something else.
you would just connect the wires from the speakers into the back,following the terms on the back of the dvd player.
i dont know what it says exactly,but it might have "FL"-for front left,and "FR"-for front right,"SL"-surround left,and "SL"-surround right,"centre" for the thin long speaker,and "sub"or "subwoofer",for the big box like floor standing one.
f you were looking at the unit,with 1 speakers in each corner of the room,the centre middle under the tv,and sub to the side,you would connect the left front speaker to the FL connector,same with front right,and follow on with the others.

im not sure which wires you are missing,but you would need 5 sets of speaker cable,for all 5 speakers,and im not sure if the subwoofer connects with speaker wire,or a cable..so it may be 6.

owners of the system will explain better.
its a pity,as i cant find the manual just now,it wont download for some reason.

adam75

Standard Member
hi there

i am getting crazy with my LH-T550TB. TV which is connected is LG and both are bought as a package from Currys.

It works perfect , but sometimes speakers start a terrible noise. Sometimes they work fine and sometimes they just simply make a disturbing noise. I feel of throwing it in the bin :(
Can someone help me please?

exstasypil

Standard Member
Hi Guys, I am having problems with mine, when i put the TV on and put sound through the speakers, it's fine.. when i put a DVD in.. it just don't work, i hear all background music and background noises but not when ppl talk, i have pushed the sound button to change it from bypass but there is no more options to choose from, i have no idea what to do, any help is apreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom