Question LG LHB725 Setup question

Daverey2

Hi
I have recently invested in a new LG UH850V TV and LHB725 Home Cinema, to replace an 8 year old setup of a Samsung telly with a cheap Samsung home cinema.

I have tried to setup the new system in a similar way to my old setup, but I think technology has moved on without me following, so I'm struggling to determine the best way to get everything connected.

At the moment, I have the following components:

LGUH850V Television
LG LHB725 Blue-Ray / Home Cinema
PS3
Sky + HD box
Wii

My current attempt at connecting these together is:

PS3 - TV via HDMI
Home Cinema - TV via HDMI (the one with ARC on it)
Sky - TV via HDMI
Wii - TV via AV connection

(above all work fine for watching and listening using the telly's internal speakers - DVDs obviously come through the speakers)

If I want to listen to any of the above in surround sound, I have the TV, Sky box & PS3 connected to an optical switch via TOSLINK cables, and then with the switch connected to the 1 optical in port on the Home Cinema.

This seems to be working OK, and I have a Harmony remote to setup all the activities, so it isn't a pain switching connections etc.

Is there a better way to connect these things though? I'm conscious the Home Cinema includes several HDMI in ports, which I don't know what to do with? I'm also aware that Sky & PS3 only have 1 HDMI out slot, so presumably this must go direct to the telly and can't then go in to the Home Cinema?

I haven't had much chance to fully test the surround sound effect on the Home Cinema, but when set to the "optical" input it doens't give any clues as the quality or channels of sound its receiving, so I can't see what is happening (my Samsung HT system displayed the Dolby D symbol when receiving a 5.1 feed).

Any help on this or suggestions to improve would be much appreciated - I'm impressed to far with everything but don't want to miss out if there is a better or more efficient way of connecting everything.

Ta
Dave

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom