1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lg LHA2000

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Marmite, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Marmite

Marmite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Has anyone used one of these systems? Its going for 50 quid on Richer Sounds at the moment and im thinking it maye well be worth picking up for that money. Any impressions garetfully received.

Thanks

2. DaddyR

DaddyR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one of these the other night but will not use it until I have moved house (fingers crossed - 10 days and counting).

I heard about it on the Old Age Playstationers website were a couple of the contributors have got it and (for £50) are very pleased with it.

Because of its Pro Logic II decoder it seems perfect for PS2 games and is the right size and budget for that spare bedroom/games room I have been hankering for.

If you're still interested I can post my thoughts on it once I have unpacked.

3. wildamani

wildamani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, great deal. I'm getting it next week; can't decide whether to go instore or get it delivered (5 - 10 days!)

I'll go straight back to this thread as soon i have it hooked up!

Alan :thumbsup:

Edit: Hurray! Me and my dad went to richer sounds in Holbon, London and got one! I've got a digital audio coaxial cable coming from cableuniverse.co.uk soon so i could only use the Dolbly Prologic 2 via a stereo source (PS2) today. It sounds amazing through DolbyPro and can't wait till i get the cable for my DVD player for genuine Dobly and DTS! Sub woofer is striking and very clean- speakers are clear and very well built. They also provide 'ferrite' cores that wrap around the power cord, AUX cable, speaker cables and COAXIAL cable to reduce noise (static his in the speakers i presume). I'll will definatly type up a long detailed review this week as i am changing my bedroom around so i can fit this fantastic kit; £49.95 - a bargain!!! :clap:

See ya soon!

4. wildamani

wildamani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still very pleased with the system and it sounds incredible. The rear speaker cables are around 10m and the three front speaker cables are around 3m. All are colour coded for ease of set up. Don't worry about speakers cables as they are not permanently attached to the speakers themselves; you can get speaker cables from any where these days.

Remember, make sure your room acoustics are all cool for any speaker systems. My LHA2000 is in my bedroom with a 21" TV, lots of soft furnishings; sofa, bed, shelves, wardrobes - this directly affects how my system sounds so good.

Speakers are 20 Watts each and they also pump out DTS soundtracks; in my experience, DTS sounds far more crisper and more realistic than your standard Dolbly 5.1. Optical in and Coaxial in - it's future proof (Sky HDTV, Playstation 3 etc.)

The sound is amazing! After you set the delay times for the rear speakers (telling how far you are sitting from them) calibrates the synchronization so every speaker hits your ears in time.

I don't know if you like Star Wars, but Episode 1 sounds great on the system; the light sabers sound like they smoosh past your ears (thanks to the active sub, it creates a natural rumble and sound) The pod race is great to show off the ablility of the surrond speakers.

Recommendations:

Buy a THX movie (these DVDs if you didn't know provide a very useful calibration for surround sound and video set up.

Make use of the digital inputs (optical and coaxial) this reduces any chance of noise.

Make sure you use the ferrite cores supplied, this reduces interference and noise. This results in very clean sound and no distortion.

Buy cables from Cableuniverse.co.uk; i ordered a digital coaxial cable to pump the 5.1 from the DVD to the speaker system for £3.50! And Gold plated for no rusting and noise.

Oh yeah, the remote supplied is a all-in-one type. If you have a LG TV, you can operate it with the remote supplied - if you have a DVD from any major brand (sony, panasonic, philips) you can operate that from the remote too.

Hope this helps...

LG LHA2000 *****star

*sounds great even on high volumes
    *zero noise and hiss at quiet times of the films
    *well built speakers
    *half the price than Argos are selling (£119.99)
    *DTS sounds great
    *Star Wars is amazing- you can taste the light sabers!
    *IF you want a film that really shows off surround sound get the Daredevil DVD (2003)
    *Far superior to any TV speakers and stereo set-up

Alan :thumbsup:

5. mikosh

mikosh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought the digital co-ax lead you suggested,plugged it in and getting nothing . Have tried removing the standard leads supplied with the system,still nothing .Help