Lg Lh-d6530

S

Skeeter

Im hoping to get this in about a fortnight at around 200 quid but was woundering is it lacking in any areas i should know about and do u think it has the ability of being made Multiregion.

link is

LG LH-D6530

Any info or newbie advice is welcome.

I want to try and stay with LG brand. So no other brands please.

IF THIS IS ANY HELP I AM USING LG LX- D5230 DVD MICRO
SYSTEM IN BEDROOM PICTURE AND SOUND ARE FINE FOR
SMALL ROOMS I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS LG PRODUCTS
ARE AS WELL MADE AS MANY AS SO CALLED TOP BRANDS

You mentioned you were purchasing the LG 6530 and I was thinking of doing the same.

I would be very interested to know if you did purchase what your thoughts were with the system? Pleased or otherwise

Many thanks

Tim

Im more leaned towards the pioneer dcs313 multiregion system now as it is 450w and has more features and looks smart.

I really would have liked to have read a good review on the 6530 tho as it would have went great with my lg 28inch widescreen tv i got at the end of last year.

Whats drawn u towards the 6530?

More of a cheapish stop gap until I have the cash to get seperates really.

I have read some good reviews of the 3620 and reckon as a higher specification it should also be ok. The room it is going into is not huge and hope in the meantime it will beef up the new Philips Pixel Plus Tv I have with only has virtual dolby. I have also been told that it can play multi region with some software mods.

It terms of Wattage reckon it will have enough for my needs and do not want to hurt the neighbours too much.

I have actually go the unit on order already so was hoping for some positive feedback before it arrives but guess at the money cannot go to wrong at this stage. I have a seperates system for all the audio stuff so it is really for TV and DVD only. Will let you know how it is.

Thanks for the link. I have got it for £199 with £6 delivery so fairly similar.

Just checked and arriving tomorrow so will set up when back from work and try and let you know how it is on Friday. Have a copy of Lord of the Rings to try so hope that will give it a good work out.

Fingers crossed !!

Indeed and good luck.

Will hold off on the pioneer untill u can do a quick rewiew on its pros and cons and what u feel its done for u.

Cos im getting either system to be a main system as im a poor bloke lol and about 200 is all im perpared to save and my living room is sorta largish at 18ft x12ft so i want it to fill the room. Max RMS aint too bothered about cos my tv is only 10w on each speaker and maxed is canny loud and the fact i live in a flat building with 4 places so makes 3 neighbours doesn't help and im underneath this old bloke upstairs lol. But i supose to make sure neighbours don't complain i can invite them round to watch a dvd if i wanted to listen at high volume lets say its a mini cinema and its £1 admission eh lol. That way even tho i have company i can max the volume without ppl complaining.

hehe...

Unfortunately the guys didnt deliver yesterday but my neighbour advises they left it today so will drop a note on Monday with my thoughts. Lets hope it is all good news!!

I have spent serious cash on a scart so I hope it delivers the business. Fingers crossed

Well the kit arrived on Friday and was put together (un-wisely after some Friday evening beers) ready for the main set-up on the Saturday morning.

I know that you wanted a review and I will try my best to give it the most objective review I can.

Firstly in terms of Wattage and being able to pump up the volume you certainly wont have any problems with distortion and the system can certainly crank it up!! Whilst the sub-woofer provides a serious amount of bass, it is possible a little too much when you are listening to music or the radio. I am not mega about my bass generally (what with a seperates hi fi system|) and even with some of the sound mode changes the woofer is still quite bassy even with it tuned down - something you can do under the settings menu. If you are wanting the system for music then I suggest it may not give the crisp quality you are after but that is not what I am after so not such an issue.

For moves the sound and image is top notch. Have seen Top Gun and Lord of the Rings and both pushed the performance and the system delivered. With my Philips Pixel Plus I can honestly say that the system is as good as I have seen so obviously very pleased. Drunken watching of Top Gun will never be the same again - I thought i was up there in the skies with them...!!

Some other nice features that I wasnt aware of. There is a dimmer option so you can lose the blue halo around the volumn control and deaden the light on the display. A nice feature.

It has all the pro-logic, 3D surround etc and when watching normal TV, even low volume the quality is very good.

Some other minor negative points. The fast search function is a little fustrating, have to press and hold the button a number of times to get a quicker search thru a movie. The front speakers are quite large - not a problem for me, but will depend on your room size.

I would really recommend the system, bearing in mind the price. The picture quality is great and the only down side is that it is too bassy which is to most peoples taste. It is adjustable and is a good looking system. I think with some careful locating of the sub you could adjust this to provide all you need.

I havent been in a store a heard a whole heap of surround sound units but if this was on show and turned up it would not fail to impress.

Anyway - this is my piece. If anyone needs any further feedback then I would be happy to help.

Thanks. Although i did go for a different system i feel i made the right choice now.

Again nice work :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom