1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG LH-C6235 problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by rovi, Nov 2, 2003.

1. rovi

rovi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently purchased an LG LH-C6235 Home Cinema System but seem to have a strange problem with it.
    In DVD mode it plays fine and also while playing the radio or cd’s but in video mode the sound is not in synchronisation with the picture. This means that the video and tv sound is perfect but add the surround sound and you get double sound and if you mute the tv the surround sound is slightly later than the mouth movements on the screen. This is during video playback or watching tv with surround sound.
    I contacted Curry’s who after many phone calls agreed to replace it after an engineer was sent out to inspect the set up which was ok. My problem is now that the replacement does exactly the same thing.
    Can anyone throw some light on this problem for me or if you bought this model please give me some feedback.
    Thank you.
    Ivor Thomson

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    That really sounds like a firmware issue and perhaps your best course of action would be a different model. Unless you have an option to compensate for audio sync problems. I tried my home cinema system to see how sync varies between the downmixed sound through the tv speaker and the 5.1 channel sound and they were both totally in sync as far as I could tell. I also tried DTS but my Samsung HTDM150 doesn't downmix dts to the tv speaker only dolby digital. You could always phone up Lucky Goldstar to see what they say.

3. rovi

rovi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that bonzobanana.
    LG are no help at all as they only want me to send the system to their contracted service centre but I think that it is a design fault like yourself. Still speaking to various people so will keep you posted.
    Rovi

4. bazwall

bazwall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Rovi I have just got one of these, I have had the same problem on and off with sync when viewing direct from the Tv,but not with a tape recording,I'm watching one now to have another look and it's fine at the mo' but I have an annoying popping? sound coming through the speakers, a bit like when there is an imperfection on a cd/record, it's intermitent,sometimes every few seconds,sometimes quite a bit longer between them, it's just the one pop/click whatever, but it does'nt happen on music cd's, I have played a cd called "soft sax" with has some solo's on very quiet backgrounds, an it's perfect,so it's obviously not the speakers or cables?, the Tv is a new JVC 28T25S and there is no problem with sound when the 6235 is off, any ideas anyone?

5. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    popping is a common problem on vhs hifi audio soundtracks and they should occure in theory in the same places on the tapes. You can try adjusting tracking manually but normally its due to poor quality or worn tapes or possibly incompatibility between the video that originally recorded the tape and another playing it.

If you try selecting the mono low quality sound on the tape which should be an option on the remote you should find the popping is gone but is replaced by a rather nasty hissing sound along with the normal soundtrack.

6. bazwall

bazwall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bb.

Thanks for your reply, but I first noticed the popping sound coming though on the AV/TV before I played a tape. any further ideas?

7. rovi

rovi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello
    Latest from me is that LG were supposed to phone me back after checking for a firmware update but still no reply as yet. Curry's are also checking with LG about this but say that an update probably will not be issued untill they get a lot of returns.
    Bazwall, I presume that your system as also still under warranty so can you please make LG aware of your problems.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Rovi

8. Boris

Boris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In case Rovi doesn't see my PM- I cannot find the correct manual on any LG website. Could anyone please tell me if this unit has SCART? Thank you.

9. bazwall

bazwall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Boris.

It has 2 scarts, they are marked as to what goes to what, but as I returned mine for a refund, I can't remember what they were. I had my Sky digibox TV and VCR into mine

10. rovi

rovi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Boris
    I have scanned part of the manual for the LG-C6325 showing the back of the unit and will send it to you if you mail me.
    rovi@btinternet.com
    Ivor Thomson

11. Boris

Boris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm afraid that I have tried FOUR of these units and THREE of them had the same audio problem- an annoying static 'click' which would occur at random intervals, only during TV/VHS. Believe me, I tried swapping/moving EVERYTHING. There is possibly a fundamental design flaw, if not a serious manufacturing fault with a large batch. Shame, I have liked LG in the past.

12. Boris

Boris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the offer of help. As you will see, I have been very disapppointed by this unit.