LG legacy set Freesat S/W Upgrade

Jonathonp

Established Member
Reaction score
Last night I was able to carry out a NSU (New S/W update) to LG 32LF630V and LG 32LF650V sets.
This update installed Freesat HD. to both sets with Sat dish lnb connected.

Does it just use the standard EPG?
Can you post a photo?

The EPG for this LG has all of the functionality of the usual Freesat units.
In that sense I would call it "standard" but with LG looks.
I will post a photo later today if possible.

Does it just use the standard EPG?
Can you post a photo?
Here is "screen shot"
Freesat EPG.jpg

@Jonathonp could you confirm what LG firmware release you are running on your TVs right now. I'm looking at buying the 42LF652V model that I know for certain has the satellite tuner built in but contacted LG themselves and they could not confirm its full Freesat capability.

Hi Walus
The Freesat function is not an app.
It is implemented as a choice during setup.
In Programme Tuning - Antenna, Cable, Satellite choice, I selected Antenna and Sat.
Then next Digital search.
Then choice of Freesat or Other Operators, I chose Freesat.
Then next it searches for the Ant. and Freesat programmes avail.
Once that and usual conditions etc. are done it defaults to Freeview prog
At that stage Guide on remote lets you change to Freesat where it will remain if wanted.

Thanks Jonathonp. I figured it out exactly as you described. Since I'm in Ireland I had to set the TV for UK however.
I have now both terrestrial and satellite tuners running fine but am shocked as to how terrible switching between the two receivers is. I was expecting it would be done by means of "Input" on the remote. Instead I need to get in to the Guide press the Red button, select either, press OK, and select the actual channel. Simply terrible. How do you do it?

Hi again,
I agree that the changeover from sat to terrestial or vice versa is a bit laboured.
Where I am located in East Scotland I get the the Freeview programmes from the nearest transmitter which is a main one and therefore carries the max. Freeview available and the local option which I need.
When I set up the Sat on this set, I inputed my own postcode. This means that the Freesat offering is very similar to the Freeview but much more added channels and plenty of Regions which can be useful.
So we are quite content just to sit on Freesat all of the time.

I was thinking it will not be a big problem in your situation. For any other case where the channels on terrestrial and satellite do not fully overlap it is a pain. I never imagined that one could implement this in such a poor way.

Hi,
Please could you help me also... I want to buy also LG 32LF630V and i need this model mostly for the sattelite receiver for free sat channels. On my dish i have two lnbs for two different satellite. Could you please inform me if the T.V. has the fanctionality to receive from two lnbs or to change from one to the other (i thing this is called satellite diseqc switch). And finally is that T.V. easy to use the sattelite free programs for my customers becouse i need this T.V. for a small Group of apartments so i need to buy six of Them.
Thank you for your help and support.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom