Answered LG LED TV and Netflix Dolby Atmos?

zebie

Established Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone who bought a LG LED TV that was advertised as with Dolby Atmos, does the Netflix built In app support Dolby Atmos, I'm thinking about getting a LG 75SM9000 when its released, it says Dolby Atmos in specs so wanted to make sure the Netflix built in app would have it, thanks?

Which models are you interested in?

That being said... The ability to pass a Dolby Digital Plus bit-stream with Atmos via HDMI ARC has been working on some models since 2016...

Which models are you interested in?

That being said... Being able to pass a Dolby Digital Plus bit-stream with Atmos via HDMI ARC has been working on some models since 2016...
I'm looking at the 75sm9000 it says Dolby Atmos but does that also mean the Netflix built in app will support Dolby atmos too, as currently I have to use my xbox to get atmos on my current TV, Figured if someone bought a LG LED TV that said supports Dolby atmos that if that TVs Netflix built in app supports atmos that other LG led TVs would too

The Netflix app does indeed support Atmos which can be passed via HDMI ARC to a supporting AVR...

The Netflix app does indeed support Atmos which can be passed via HDMI ARC to a supporting AVR...
Cool, what TV do you have?
I was concerned that the Netflix built in app would not support atmos as the Netflix atmos supported devices website says "LG OLED TVs (2017 or newer models)" but i think that info is out of date

Atmos via the Tv app should get up to 768kbps now post last weeks announcement

HDMI Arc is limited to 1mbps for audio so it’s still within that

I've got a 49SK8500 and the native Netflix app supports ATMOS and successfully sends the signal via HDMI-ARC to my Denon receiver.

I've got a 49SK8500 and the native Netflix app supports ATMOS and successfully sends the signal via HDMI-ARC to my Denon receiver.
Thanks, Netflix need to update their website as it says "LG OLED TVs (2017 or newer models)".

Thanks, Netflix need to update their website as it says "LG OLED TVs (2017 or newer models)".
Indeed... I actually informed them about this after buying my UH770V back in 2016.

Hi

Will my LG OLED55B7V support Atmos via the Netflix app if I was to purchase a sound bar which support it ?

Would the Apple TV 4K do a better job ?

Thanks

Will my LG OLED55B7V support Atmos via the Netflix app if I was to purchase a sound bar which support it ?

Would the Apple TV 4K do a better job ?
Yes. No.

I have the C9 and Sony STR-DN1080 AVR, all components inc 4K LG BD player, SkyQ, Technics 1210 turntable (via pre-amp) and a Vero 4K I initially had the issue of not getting Dolby Atmos from the TV’s Netflix app, similar to other posts, when the amp was off both the Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos banners would display on the C9, when turning on the amp only the Dolby Vision banner would show and the amp displayed Dolby Digital Plus.

I found that turning off eARC on both the Sony AVR and the C9 fixed the issue, Dolby Atmos is displayed on the amp whilst the Dolby Vision banner still shows on the TV. I don’t think it has massively changed the sound, the DD+ signal from the TV’s Netflix app still contained the DAtmos codec, it just wasn’t showing up until eARC was switched off on both amp and TV.

Still, loving the picture and the sound from my set-up. Re-watching all my old DVD’s using the C9’s up scaling really brings it together.

No Dolby Atmos from LG C9 Netflix app on non Dolby Vision content anymore and why, I don¨t now. Same with the PC. I wonder if Netflix play a ugly game here? The ATMOS logo are still there on not DV-content.

Last edited:
Ok, Netflix have remove ATMOS on non DV content. On APTV 4K its a 5.1 logo on example DARK.

Bought a mid-range LG43UK6300PLB LED TV I think it is over 4 years ago now (Discontinued) and up until this week it never passed Dolby Atmos to my LG SL8YG Soundbar.

Suddenly just this week, Plex and Netflix now display and play Dolby Atmos content through the attached FireTV Cube Gen 2 via Arc to the Soundbar.

First time I have ever seen the words 'Dolby Atmos' scroll along the front of the SL8YG display!! And boy, do you really notice the difference in the SQ from all the speakers.. (I have the wireless surround sound kit with the SB)

Good to see LG updating even their older discontinued devices to allow these latest and greatest audio formats to be enjoyed... :thumbsup:

Bought a mid-range LG43UK6300PLB LED TV I think it is over 4 years ago now (Discontinued) and up until this week it never passed Dolby Atmos to my LG SL8YG Soundbar.

Suddenly just this week, Plex and Netflix now display and play Dolby Atmos content through the attached FireTV Cube Gen 2 via Arc to the Soundbar.

First time I have ever seen the words 'Dolby Atmos' scroll along the front of the SL8YG display!! And boy, do you really notice the difference in the SQ from all the speakers.. (I have the wireless surround sound kit with the SB)

Good to see LG updating even their older discontinued devices to allow these latest and greatest audio formats to be enjoyed... :thumbsup:
I have the same TV in the bedroom. I got it as a black Friday deal from Sky (free).

I didn't know it now passes Dolby Atmos. It won't pass Dolby TrueHD as it doesn't have eARC (just ARC).

I have the same TV in the bedroom. I got it as a black Friday deal from Sky (free).

I didn't know it now passes Dolby Atmos. It won't pass Dolby TrueHD as it doesn't have eARC (just ARC).
Sorry fella, my bad.. Got the model wrong.

I've actually got the 43UM7400PLB < It's this that has all of a sudden started passing Dolby Atmos to my SL8YG Soundbar.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom