• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

LG LD490 - problems getting sound when using VGA

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
I am trying to help some friends connecting their laptop to their LG TV.

So I have connected the VGA between laptop and TV and the picture is fine. I realise VGA is video only and this is where the problem comes in...

I have connected the laptop to the TV with a 3.5mm -> phono lead. The problem is that the TV won't output the sound from this when switched tv the VGA Input. If I switch to Componant, then you can hear the sound but obviously not at the same time as watching the picture.

I have tried the audio inputs on the side and rear, but no joy.

Is it possible on this TV to hear the audio being inputted and watch the VGA (RGB) at the same time, and if so...how!?

TIA.

Last edited:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
The user manual shows the "Audio in" socket (to the right of the optical out socket when viewed from the rear) should be used in conjunction with the VGA in.
This is a 3.5mm stereo jack socket so presuming the laptop is also a 3.5mm stereo out what you need is a 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo jack lead.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom