1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lg lcd help plz.

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by knobbs, Feb 25, 2005.

1. knobbs

knobbs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi got 21in lg lcd been running abt 5 mnths just noticed on a av channel with nothing connected ie-blank drk screen theres like white shadow on both sides of the screen ) ( like this. the shadows are more brighter at the start the fade as it goes into the screen. can just notice it on screen when viewing a pic but not too bad -does any one know what it is cheers chelly.

2. lz1cam

lz1cam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed the same on my 30" lcd and asked LG what is it about. Here I qute their replay.
    "You found the weakness of the so called "variable transparency" display type, like LCD display. The given 300:1 contrast ratio means the luminosity difference between the most brighter and the most darker picture details. In the case the peak brightness is 300nit(cd/m2),the brightness of the dark part will be 1Nit,not zero, no totally dark. According to the present technology situation the makers can't produce LCD displays with more better contrast ratio,unfortunately. First is to develop/improve the speed of the LCD's to make better for displaying the moving picture (Plasma Displays,Crt,DLP have near to 1000:1 or higher) Therefore we recommend to use the zoom function for watching a wide format picture ,to eliminate the top&bottom dark bands. Best Regards LGEMK Customer Service"
    However, I found out that working for 10-15 minutes i.e. warming up this variable luminance is about to vanish.
    Hope this would help.

3. knobbs

knobbs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers m8 does that mean my lcd is ok.

4. lz1cam

lz1cam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That means - if you can wait for 5-10 minutes for the set to warm up and the odd luminance to smothen that you're OK.
    I see it exactly every time I put my TV (30LZ13) until it is not cold anymore.
    You better concentrate on the strong points of your TV and enjoy them!
    Greetings!