LG LC3R and Sky HD 1080i issue

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by jeromeof, Apr 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. jeromeof

jeromeof
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I recently purchased a 32inch LG LC3R and I am generally pretty happy with it. I was looking for a budget LCD TV and initially tried a 32inch Hannspree (the YT model) but was not happy with either the picture quality and the PC input with that TV, so I returned it and got the LG instead. I also have a Samsung 32R41B and comparing the 2 TV's I would say the Samsung processes SD signals better but the LG has slightly better color and black levels. The Samsung basically gives a slightly "cartoon" affect IMHO while the LG is more realistic but does show up picture quality issue more.

Anyway, my issue with the LG panel is that I just got SkyHD and I have noticed an issue with Sky at 1080i. Basically, when at 1080i the Sky Menu shows a slight "stuttering" effect. Basically, its like the TV can't quite decide which physical line of pixels to display a line the Sky HD, so it jump between a particular line and the next one, so overall it gives a very subtle shaking effect (i.e. it is not "rock steady" menu). It is only really visible on the Sky Menu pages because these are suppose to be "steady" but I think it is happening for all signals at 1080i. So, I am wondering if anyone has a similar configure and noticed this issue and has a fix. It does not happen at 720p (I get a completely steady picture) but with Sky HD I would like to use the "Automatic" HD picture which would be 576p and 1080i (as this should give me the best picture quality I believe).
    I also looked at the "service menu" of the LG and could not find any options which might fix this issue, there is an "overscan" option but that didn't make any difference.
    So, has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Jerome

2. JockeFr

JockeFr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jerome sorry but I can't help you with your problem but I also have an LG LC3R and need to know the password for the service menu, could you help me?