Lg lb50 network..... Why?

egg1000

Standard Member
Reaction score
So I've bought an lg lb50 TV. Which is lovely. But, im wondering why on earth it connects to the Internet?

There's no remote app that works for it and it doesn't have any smart features. So besides software updates. Which I don't think it has had since I got it......What's it for? The manual doesn't say what it's for either.

Are you sure you've given us the correct/full model no?

I just had a read of the user manual and like yourself can't see any reference as to it's use either, sorry.

Anyone else know what it's for? I've read the manual too.

There are some channels which show up in the freeview channels list such as Motors TV that are actually streamed over the Internet. Maybe it's used for that?

There are some channels which show up in the freeview channels list such as Motors TV that are actually streamed over the Internet. Maybe it's used for that?
Interesting theory. I'll check it when i get time. Good shout

From Motors TV website.

• It must be connected to the internet via either a cable back to your home router or WiFi (some new TVs also have in-built WiFi that can connect). Follow your manufacturer’s instructions on how to do this.

• Re-tune your TV or STB as if you are installing new channels to ensure you have the latest listings in the Electronic Programme Guide (EPG).

• Once re-tuned check to see if Motors TV is listed at channel 240 in your EPG. If it is not you are unfortunately in the small percentage of people only able to receive a limited range of Freeview channels.

• Select Motors TV on channel 240. It may take up to 30 seconds to begin streaming. If you see a message on screen saying ‘your device is not compatible’ or ‘service loading please wait’, which doesn’t subsequently clear after about one minute, then your TV or STB is unfortunately not compatible with these services. Our providers are constantly working to open up access to as many devices as possible but some older TVs and STBs may not conform to the necessary requirements to receive our channel.

Well done Robin Jay. :clap::)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom