LG launch a new TV Buyer's Online Guide with T3 and What Plasma & LCD TV

Member 300569

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Today LG launches an interactive TV Buyer’s Guide, which has been developed in conjunction with T3 and What Plasma & LCD TV.

The Buyer's Guide microsite uses video and interactive content to help you to choose a TV that is suited to your individual needs - consideration is given to the customers’ distance from the TV, their viewing habits, type of viewing platform used in the home, lighting conditions, and the room in which it is positioned:

George Mead, Marketing Manager Digital Display for LG Electronics, said
"Consumer choice has never been greater and it’s key for us to help support consumers and retailers by providing the right tools to simplify common misconceptions around tech terminology. Ultimately, we want to help consumers make the right choice to enhance their home entertainment experience."
When asked about the partnership Luke Bilton of Future 360 said:
"We are delighted to be partnering with LG to make the technology buying process easier for consumers to navigate. T3 and What Plasma & LCD TV are committed to helping readers uncover the very best in consumer electronics, with a proud tradition of impartial, unbiased opinion. The LG Online Buyer’s Guide makes finding the right TV for you simple and intuitive."
You can check out the Buyer's Guide here and we'd love to get your thoughts on it!

Thanks,

Helen & Chris :)

It's a good idea, and done very well...there's no duff advice either, although I'm not sure about the viewing distance calculations of the viewing distance being 5 times the width.

Overall it is a very useful feature but, as should be expected, it is a little systematic in the final decision as to which is the best TV for you

Thanks for your comments Monarch - the good thing is that it can be upgraded and improved if required as time goes by.

Take your feedback on board though - it will get better and better as time goes by.

We just wanted to help consumers who don't know where to start buying a TV.

Enjoy your weekend

It certainly is a step in the right direction, and I went through it and it did have the TVs I would choose in either the top couple or the 'others I should consider', so maybe it's not as systematic as I first thought. I think one of the things I would like to see in there most is for it to outline the differences (advantages and disadvantages) of both LCD and plasma. There are several things around but quite a lot of conflicting advice. Maybe it could be one of the questions? I liked the video tips which came up when making the decisions for the questions (if that makes sense :confused:)

Now, I'm off to watch the FA cup final on my LG :D

EDIT: I've just gone through the guide in a bit more detail and pressing more 'play' buttons! It seems that there are a good few of the pros and cons of LCD and plasma mentioned throughout, so really there isn't much wrong with the whole thing at all, it seems very efficient! I would just say that there seems to be a bit of a focus on 1080p being a strong recommendation just because you're watching blu-ray (1080p source), it's not necessarily a bad thing but I think it should be mentioned somewhere that there are other aspects of picture quality such as black levels and colours which also have a bit part to play in movies. This would obviously influence the decision between an LCD and plasma at a size such as 42" where there are no 1080p plasmas on offer from LG even though a plasma may offer a better picture overall (obviously depending on a few factors). So yea, going through it a little more, that is my only real *constructive* criticism, otherwise I like it! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
link doesn't work, infact I can't get onto LG's website at all:confused:

LG market their website as lge.co.uk but the url is actually uk.lge.com try that maybe?

try this:

http://195.160.254.175/

Last edited:
To be honest guys i'm not sure its the website that's the problem i don't think your explorers are resolving the DNS properly... might need a network guru (not me!) to help you with it!.... all i did was give you the IP for the website. Strange that you can get it to work sometimes and not others?... are you running a VPN or something perhaps? either way it's best not to turn this thread into a PC help thread!! ;-) try here if you're still having website issues. Computers - AVForums.com

So what does everyone else think of the buyers guide? Is there anything that we at LG need to improve on this to satisfy your requirements??

Appreciate any feedback (both pos & neg!)

To be honest guys i'm not sure its the website that's the problem i don't think your explorers are resolving the DNS properly... might need a network guru (not me!) to help you with it!.... all i did was give you the IP for the website. Strange that you can get it to work sometimes and not others?... are you running a VPN or something perhaps? either way it's best not to turn this thread into a PC help thread!! ;-) try here if you're still having website issues. Computers - AVForums.com
definitely a dns issue, but isps provide dns resloution so there is an issue somehwere.
So what does everyone else think of the buyers guide? Is there anything that we at LG need to improve on this to satisfy your requirements??

Appreciate any feedback (both pos & neg!)
umm, it kinda recommended the same tvs even when i changed some answers. a rather blunt question, but what's the failure rate on your lcd tvs?

Can't comment for other manufacturers but we have invested a lot of money into R&D and product development to ensure the product delivers in terms of performance and reliability.

This has been reflected in the market share growth - LG are the fastest growing brand in 2009 year to date vs. the same period in 2008.

hope this clarifies a little....

Hi I would like to ask some questions if i may, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask them so feel free to move it to where the best place would be.

I'm very interested in a LG TV i saw in the latest Argos catalogue, it was the LG 42LF2500, I wanted to see what the reviews for it were like and whether i could get it cheaper else where but upon entering the model number etc in google UK i got nothing on it i even went to the LG UK website and it's not even listed at all.

I did however find a link to the German LG site that does have it listed,

the first question i like to ask is, is this TV supported at all by LG UK and therefore will i be able to get help etc for it should a problem arise.

Second is there a UK model that is the same as this TV and would it be better to get that one or is the 42LF2500 perfectly fine.

thanks for any help in answering these questions. again i apologise if this is in the wrong place to ask.

I noticed you didn't get a reply.

I will say that I took the plunge and bought the LF2500 from Argos when it was at the £499 price, and I'm extremely impressed.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom