LG L245wp XFX 9800GX2 XXX Problem

pitbull46

Standard Member
I just received my lovely new XFX 9800 XXX connected it, installed upto date drivers, restarted Pc, Bang, my LG L245wp Monitor screen is off to the left now with a huge Verticle black border about 3-4 inches thick to the right, i don't now have the Start button or any icons, just the right side of taskbar.
I've tried all the settings in the monitor setup, no help, and the Invidia control panel, really thinking of sending it back to XFX, and by the way here in the UK we have an XFX Office not too far from me, but they have phone support at 60 pence a minute, they didn't have a clue either.
So i did a complete Format and Reinstall of XP Media centre 2005, when it's finished, everything onscreen is perfect and inline, as soon as i install Drivers 174.74 shutdown restart, BANG, screen is to the Left?:lease:

Wo0zy

I can't help thinking that this is fixable using the "Custom Resolution" feature but as it's quite a new card, I can't say for sure (no personal experience I'm afraid).

Have you tried the latest 175.15 beta? These seem to be quite focused on adding functionality to the newer NVIDIA chips. They may help.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_175.16_beta.html

WO0zy

pitbull46

Standard Member
I can't help thinking that this is fixable using the "Custom Resolution" feature but as it's quite a new card, I can't say for sure (no personal experience I'm afraid).

Have you tried the latest 175.15 beta? These seem to be quite focused on adding functionality to the newer NVIDIA chips. They may help.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_175.16_beta.html

WO0zy

Tried that didn't work, tried the Beta drivers didn't work, rang xfx didn't have a clue, doesn't matter in the end i reinstalled my Ultra and works like a dream, sending the GX2 back to scan in morning for a full refund now anyway.:thumbsdow

pitbull46

Standard Member
Just an update really.

Scan computers have arranged collection of the 9800GX2 and i will be accepting a full refund and not a swop or exchange.

My 8800 Ultra is running sweet once again, what was i thinking, :clap:even LG rang me at home today to try and sort the image problem, bless. But it was too late anyway as the Card is packed and stacked on Table ready for CityLink Tomorrow.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom