1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG L172WT or Relisys RLT1730

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by mainstreamliam, Jun 16, 2005.

1. mainstreamliam

mainstreamliam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Ive been looking at LCD screens for a while. Finally narrowed it down to two options...
    The Relisys RLT1730 or the LG L172WT. Both are similar prices and 17inch widescreen.
    Basically, which one should I choose- i dont know that much on them.
    Relisys
    LG

A minor point on the LG screen... The response time on ebuyer and wehavethings.com says the response time is 12ms, however a look at the LG website says it is 25ms... Can anyone clear this up?

Thanks,
    Liam

2. jon2099

jon2099

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've noticed that on the LG. If you download the PDF brochure from the LG website it'll have the latest specs for the L172WT which says 12ms. The contrast and brightness specs have also changed so I suspect LG have upgraded the panel; the older version also had component input compared to SCART on the newer version. Some websites like Ebuyer still display the specs for the older version but are actually selling the newer version. LG should have just updated the model number as well.
    Comparing the LG and Relisys, the LG has DVI input (for PC only) while the Relisys is restricted to analogue VGA. The previous RLT1720 didn't get favourable reviews; don't know how well the RLT1730 compares given that the only difference appears to be a SCART input instead of component input on the 1720.

3. mainstreamliam

mainstreamliam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive just noticed another 17inch widescreen that is at the top end of my price range- the Samsug SM730MW
    It has a higher response time, though seems to get favourable reviews. Any comments on this one compared to the other two? (Ill be connecting it to an xbox, so not sure if the response time will pose a problem as it is higher?)

Liam

4. jon2099

jon2099

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The 730MW actually claims to be HD-ready with both component inputs and DVI-HDCP. That way you can connect your Xbox (with a HD mod kit) at 720p, or even at least 480p (which is not possible with regular SCART). Response time is certainly higher but whether you'll notice it is down to the individual. PC World stock this model so you can have a look there.