LG IPS234V-PN dimension sizing issues

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by civic1, Feb 23, 2014.

1. civic1

civic1
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Need some assistance regarding this issue. Having trouble adjusting the sizing of the screen, as its not giving me the option to do this via the monitor buttons. I am wanting to display the picture fully, right now its like 2cm in from each sides of the monitor.

Basically I've just upgraded my graphics to a Sapphire Radeon R9 270X OC card and I've connected the LG monitor using a Displayport-to-Hdmi cable whereas the HDMI slot on the graphics card is connected directly to my 55" LED TV.

This is the first time I've ever used a displayport connection so was wondering maybe that is causing me the issue of not being able to adjust the picture sizing, seeing that am using a DP-to-HDMI cable, i.e. is this normal for displayport type connections where it is fixed?

N.B. When I go into the monitor settings and then into to picture setting, it states "Cannot be used, only available in D-SUB signal only" am not sure what this means...

I appreciate any feedback on this problem, thanks in advance.

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,518
    That's for when the electron gun at the back of your CRT gets mis-aligned.

Generally for this sort of problem the issue is that something is adding black borders to simulate old fashioned CRT-resizing and you need to find a way to turn it off rather than resizing the picture.

It's usually an issue when the screen is a television, in this case I'm wondering if you've altered the computer's settings to compensate for the TV overscanning and it's getting applied on the monitor as well. What is the Digital Flat Panel Properties>Scaling options set to for the TV and the monitor?

Looking at the monitor's manual it has an overscan setting so make sure that is turned off.

3. civic1

civic1
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. I went to the overscan settings and it was at "off" position so I switched it to "on" and it did slightly enlarge the screen albiet by only 1cm in the borders. Also the picture became less sharp.

Where would I go to check the scaling options for the digital flat panel properties for the monitor?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  4. civic1

civic1
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Found it. It's on my AMD Catalyst Control Centre. Had to adjust the overscan from there. Sorted :)