Quantcast

LG & iPad apps

davidsteward

Standard Member
I have just purchased from John Lewis the LG 49SM8600PLA (2019) for myCare Home room

i would like to be able to use the iPad, latest Air version, as a remote controller . I have download all the versions of LG contllers I can find on the Apple AppStore but none see the tv. Any help or suggestions about any apps that might work would be most welcome.

Thanks
David

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
You have to have the TV connected to a network, either by Ethernet or wi-fi, and the iPad needs to be connected to that same network. The TV will also need to have the latest firmware updates installed, which will have AirPlay2 support. Once done, the iPad should see the LG TV in the list of devices that it can contact.

Clem

davidsteward

Standard Member
Thanks for the prompt reply.

They are both connected to the same wireless network the only one available in my Care Home room. I have updated both the iPad and the LG to the latest systems. All the apps were downloaded from the App Store within the last few days.

i am trying to find out if anybody has a working combination.

David

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
I've never tried Airplay from my iPad to my LG TV. No need now in my case, as the ATV+ app. is available. However, I do know that if I'm using my iMac and the LG TV is on, the TV appears as an Airplay target on my network. There is an option under the General settings on the iPad regarding Airplay to TVs. Have you checked that? That's the only thing that I can think of offhand, if all of the relevant firmware is up-to-date and the settings are all correct. However, as you have 90 days AppleCare support with your new iPad, why not log a support call with Apple to see if they can help if you have no luck otherwise? I don't recall seeing any Airplay settings in my 49SM8500PLA TV, not that I've looked extensively, and my TV is the same as yours, some cosmetic and speaker configuration issues aside.

Clem

Top Bottom