LG invests £10 million in marketing push for OLED TV

enator

Lower price would be best marketing push here in Europe when we see price difference between the US and Europe :nono:

Last edited:

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Not sure spending £10 million on marketing whilst prices are still so high. Who from the regular public seeing one of the 55"/65" 4k OLED tv's is going to buy one when you are looking at £4-5k it may even kill any demand there is.

The way to do it is £2k max for 55" with £3k max for the 65" along with a marketing push that may kickstart the demand.

tigertimtim

no point having umpteen tv adverts while the prices are so high....would be better knocking 25% of the rrp like they have in the Usa....that would shift a lot more sets.

enator

It is inclusive taxes and I think only one year guarantee. In Sweden where i live it coast €7500 :facepalm:

basra

It is inclusive taxes and I think only one year guarantee. In Sweden where i live it coast €7500 :facepalm:

Blimey, thats a real good price for the Fins (similar to Yanks) guess you could add about £250-ish for extended guarantee but still quite a bit cheaper than UK and Sweden:(

Oh well as the discount of 10% at Currys ends on 10th or 11th of November I have to make my mind up very soon....unless other retailers suddenly enter into the market.....decisions decisions.!!:)

vaktmestern

Banned

Same in Norway :cool:

Without wishing to flog a dead horse they should just take a £10m loss by reducing the prices. Even your most enthusiastic and well off devotees will hesitate at £5k.

basra

I have this theory (bear in mind my theory's are normally wishful thinking):) that after the campaign LG will reduce prices in the assumption that once a lot more people are aware of what OLEDs bring they will be enticed into buying with big discounts on current prices...after all there must be a lot of OLEDs to sell if they are promoting them that much.!!!....mustn't there.o_O

Like I said....wishful thinking, probably.:)

difficult

if LG is advertising on mass media, they must gear up for mass production first and economics works, mass production often result with lower prices (exception, curry and JL joint cartels to fix the price). I think LG should seriously make efforts to reduce price of 4k OLED tvs for normal low budget customers to enjoy LG products.

davidcrofter

Just seen the new LG oled advert on tv.
Best part is when they show a quote from Avforums :thumbsup:

As long as it wasn't "5% grey slide" I think LG might just get away with that then ...;)

I am seriously considering just getting a 1080p OLED and keeping it for a year then looking at the new 4K models ... probably work out cheaper than buying a current 4K OLED and I don't think I will be missing out on that much.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Just seen the new LG oled advert on tv.
Best part is when they show a quote from Avforums :thumbsup:
And it is the third quote so the AVF logo is the last one you see :thumbsup:

Dutch

LG have now dropped the prices of the 4K OLEDs by £1000, plus a further 10% off until 11 Nov at Currys. :thumbsup:

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
John Lewis, 65" 960 and 970 £3,599.

Dutch

A 950 for £2.5k ?

Flippin' 'eck!

Steve W
For £2250 if you order before 11/11 at Currys (extra 10% off until then). :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution