LG Introduce SL8YG, SL9YG and SL10YG Soundbars at CES - news discussion

You would assume that in light of the massive surge in soundbar sales, and the move towards more people spending large amounts of money on 'high end' soundbars that they would include every latest technology. However, considering the last round of high end soundbar releases they might only include one HDMI port, no DTS X support and no eARC...

I don't know how that bar can sound the same on a wall as it does flat on a stand gyroscope or not.

Wonder if other manufacturers will be bringing out new soundbars at CES

I expect these soundbars to have eARC to compliment the new LG OLED TV's with HDMI 2.1.

Will seem a tad crazy not to, especially being the next logical step with Atmos soundbars.

Well they definitely look the part!

Lets hope it is going to be a future proof product, Then again It will be next year when I will likely look to upgrade again so by then I would hope everything is pretty standard...(apart from the latest 16K 4D Quantum Micro OLED)

Would be good if it had AirPlay too.

Is there any news on uk dates and pricing for the SL8Y, I still cannot find anything

I have t seen anything. The SL9 is £999 from Curry’s on the 26th

I noticed that also, but for some reason all is quite on the SL8. I have asked a couple of retailers who sell LG soundbars but they don't yet have any news either.

I noticed that also, but for some reason all is quite on the SL8. I have asked a couple of retailers who sell LG soundbars but they don't yet have any news either.
JL expecting stock in the next couple of weeks, £699.95 on release.

Heard it on Tuesday, sounds ok, but the 400w didn’t blow me away. An improvement on the SK8, now full Atmos so 3.1.2, but I prefer the SK9. SL9YG is apparently a curry’s exclusive this year, which is an interesting call, as nobody else will be able to sell a premium 55 inch soundbar from LG....

JL expecting stock in the next couple of weeks, £699.95 on release.

Heard it on Tuesday, sounds ok, but the 400w didn’t blow me away. An improvement on the SK8, now full Atmos so 3.1.2, but I prefer the SK9. SL9YG is apparently a curry’s exclusive this year, which is an interesting call, as nobody else will be able to sell a premium 55 inch soundbar from LG....

Yes noticed that the Swansea branch of Currys have the SL9 there in stock.

I would go for the SL9 but I am limited for space, the SL8 is narrower and shorter and fits perfectly. It will be an interesting comparison SL8 & SL9 side by side, I just hope the SL9 isn't much of an improvement over the SL8 or I will be gutted

Interesting to see how this compares to the Samsung N850 @ £900

The Samsung 850 I thought sounded impressive, but I got put off as it will not fit in front of my FZ802 without loosing the bottom of the screen. The LG is a prefect size Soundbar for most TV's where the bottom of the screen is not blocked, good on LG for considering that in their design.

I am trying to find out if there's a FW upgrade for SL10YG & if there's an upgrade how do you install it
Called the LG but the guy didn't have a clue .

Thanks Sour but that's pretty extreme to update a soundbar .

My SL10 updated automatically after it was set up to the wifi when it was delivered on Friday. I don't think there is any new update.

Ah, didn’t read it all tbh...I’m getting the SL8YG...hopefully get that delivered on Thursday
Good show at least it has Meridian 96/24 circuitry I BT my new Amazon 24/96 audio streaming service through it & sounds darn awesome.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom