LG Infinia 7900 Picture settings

Adexus

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any picture settings for this TV? I've Googled away and found nothing, and I can't seem to get good colour settings from this TV since I bought it (5 months ago I think) so I've just put up with it since then with the colour settings that I thought was the best but now it's just started irritating me, the blacks are more grey and the rest of the colours are generally dull, not to mention you lose all of the detail in the blacks, it's like the blacks just blur out the detail.

I was also looking at getting a Samsung D6530, not for the 3D, really not bothered about that but it looks like a great display, and I had a Samsung UE325300 before that which had ridiculously deep blacks but unfortunately it suffered from ghosting so it went back, and that's why I got the Infinia.

I was thinking of selling it to someone who isn't as picky as me as I'm sure other people will be supremely happy with it but I'm ridiculously picky and I'm constantly on the picture settings trying to adjust it but it never works out, so was just wondering if anyone had the same set and what's the best settings to use for it?

Thanks guys!

Is the local dimming setting on ? Have you tried using the picture wizard ?

Perhaps some owner can suggest settings but I think edge lit TVs have a limited contrast ratio, maybe a Panasonic Plasma would be better for you. It's all a case of pick your poison with TVs I think .

Is the local dimming setting on ? Have you tried using the picture wizard ?

Perhaps some owner can suggest settings but I think edge lit TVs have a limited contrast ratio, maybe a Panasonic Plasma would be better for you. It's all a case of pick your poison with TVs I think .

I haven't found a local dimming option on there actually.

I'm using it as a PC monitor as well, and I'm not knowledgeable on Plasmas but do they still get burn in on them? I imagine that would be a big problem with using it as a PC monitor. I'll keep having a look around for other sets, I've still got my eye on the D6530 so I'm going to go to a store soon to have a look at it, another annoying thing about this TV is the ultra reflective panel because it's one glass front it reflects everything, I always have to turn off the light to play a game or watch a movie because I wouldn't be able to see anything :p

Thanks for the advice though.

For local dimming option, go into Menu, then Picture, keep scrolling down the list and its near the bottom; I strongly advise you try this first. Turn it on if it is not already. If it is already on, then there is not much you can do to improve the black levels.

I suspect the same will be true for any other edge dimming LED TV you look at, but there might be marginal improvements.

Yes the screen is v glossy, there are matte edge-lit LED tvs out there, i think plasma is still a no-no for routine use as a PC monitor and you are best sticking with LED/LCD.

I thought this set was full aray. Am I thinking of the 8900? What hi fi did a review back in july 2010. I'm sure they menrioned the settings they used.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom