• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG Infinia 47LE8500 Verticle Line on Screen

michaelm79

Standard Member
Hi all,

I recently purchased an LG Infinia 47LE8500 and I absolutely love it. Sure there are the banding and blooming issues that everyone carries on about, but they usually aren't that noticeable.

One thing I have noticed that when the screen is displaying a bright, uniform background (like the ice in a hockey game), a faint vertical line appears on the screen as the camera pans across the ice. The line just about directly between the LG logo and the power light indicator.

It is not overtly noticeable, and only happens with bright images, but ever since I noticed it its driving me bonkers! :mad:

Has anyone experienced this? Is there anything I can do about it? And should I contact an LG technician?

Thanks so much for any advice!

Regards,

Mike

Monarch

Distinguished Member
Sounds a bit like banding, which is quite a common problem with the TV due to its slimness, you can get onto the store you bought it from to try and get a replacement, or you can get in touch with LG (or the store) to try and fix it, or you can decide to live with it, it's entirely up to you. It's a common fault though :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom