LG impossible warranty criteria

dazzle5555

Novice Member
Reaction score
hi guys
the tv is an LG 49 UM7400PLB with horizontal line issue

tried argos they said get in touch with LG.....they gave me an impossible list of demands to get a warranty repair like taking a photo of the screen to show problem and when i do they just say its blurry and won't accept it, and won't even accept my online email receipt they say they need a paper receipt or photo of it.
been going back and forth for 2 weeks but to no avail...
any advice would be appreciated

cheers darran

Don't let the retailer shirk their responsibilities - problem is theirs to resolve

But you should be able to get a picture of problem surely?

How old is the TV and did you buy online and/or by credit card?

Jim

hi guys
the tv is an LG 49 UM7400PLB with horizontal line issue

tried argos they said get in touch with LG.....they gave me an impossible list of demands to get a warranty repair like taking a photo of the screen to show problem and when i do they just say its blurry and won't accept it, and won't even accept my online email receipt they say they need a paper receipt or photo of it.
been going back and forth for 2 weeks but to no avail...
any advice would be appreciated

cheers darran

Do you know someone with a proper DSLR camera who could try some photos?

I would gladly have a go but we live too far apart.

Cheers,

Nigel

my sister has a dslr,, good point thanks.
but if they won't accept my online reciept as proof of purchase ,,theres no point going any further.

darran

Don't let the retailer shirk their responsibilities - problem is theirs to resolve

But you should be able to get a picture of problem surely?

How old is the TV and did you buy online and/or by credit card?

Jim
7 months old, debit card used, online home delivery ,
darran

LGtvfaulty.jpg
thin horizontal line ,,,,(colour not relevent) going through the head of player number 6

my sister has a dslr,, good point thanks.
but if they won't accept my online reciept as proof of purchase ,,theres no point going any further.

darran

As I said it's Argos who are responsible - contact them again

Regarding the online receipt then as long as it has the retailer information - the date of purchase and the amount paid then it should be valid proif of purchase for warranty claims

Jim

argos said in there stupid live chat room thing they need LG to confirm the fault with photos and thats it ,,then just cut me off and left chat...........

If there was an on-line purchase then there should be a on-line invoice on your account with them. Just tell them to refer to that or to the invoice number then you sufficient proof of purchase. Strictly speaking a receipt is not required for Proof of Purchase.

View attachment 1342551thin horizontal line ,,,,(colour not relevent) going through the head of player number 6

It's not at all unreasonable for them to reject this photo - its extremely poor. You need to do more preparation, and send them a much better illustration of the problem.

1) Find a very good example of the problem - see what makes it stand out the most (dark on light, light on dark, different colours etc). Also try adjusting the contrast and brightness controls on the TV to make it stand out.

2) You are heavily reflected in the screen. Close the curtains, adjust lights etc, to minimise reflections as far as possible.

3) Make sure you hold the camera perfectly still and ensure you obtain good focus, so you get a sharp image. You may find it easier to take a burst of photos, and then pick out the best one.

4) Try taking a macro-shot (close-up) of the pixel structure around the line, as well as the wider photo, which will help demonstrate the issue.

3) You don't need a DSLR camera. Any half-decent smart 'phone is fine.

When things go wrong with a purchase, you need to be able to provide 'proof of purchase' - you don't have to provide a receipt.

Providing your online order details are linked to your address, there shouldn't be an issue. I'm assuming you received a confirmation of order via email? Are they saying you haven't provided the correct order details?

As mentioned by others, your sole contract is with the company that SOLD you the product. Not the manufacturer or anyone else. Your rights are protected by law, and the SELLER has to supply you with a product that it fit for purpose. If it's not fit for purpose, they have to make it right, at their expense.

The seller has to take 'reasonable' steps to rectify the problem (via a repair or other means) - they don't have to give you a new TV.

It's worth reading about your rights, so when they try and fob you off, you know where you stand. If you don't get anywhere, the threat of the small Claims Courts can be really helpful.

Please EVERYONE: use a CREDIT card when buying anything over £100, not a DEBIT card, so you are 100% protected by your credit card company's payment protection scheme (covered by section 75 of the Consume Credit Act). It protects you from non delivery scams, damage & faults, or from companies that simply won't refund you or go bust (including holiday firms).

I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who still buy high value items using a Debit Card.

Regards,
James.

thanks jason for your input...
will have a proper read of your points and try again tomorrow

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom