Seanmikhaels

Novice Member
HI All,

New to the forum ! Was hoping to see if someone could shed some light on this issue as i just purchased the LG HU710PW set it up , and it has been working for a few days. I have tape at the edge of the wall and projecting directly on it until i decide which screen to go with which will most likely be an ES. Anyways, i started noticing a weird distortion just at the top edge of content, almost like the kind of distortion you'd get when a head is dirty on an old VHS player ( for those folks old enough to remember ). The distortion happens just at the top , nowhere else.

I've attached a sample pic as well as video clip

Some things i noticed

First thing i thought was it could be a BAD hdmi cable, but the content is being played directly from the Projectors internal apps streaming so that rules that out.
It Happens with all content , no matter where its played from, Youtube, Netflix, Disney Plus. It's bound to happen at least once during a movie or clip.
Changing IRIS or picture modes doesn't fix it.
It happens at the exact same spot during playback and is repeatable
The exact same content is played on other devices ( IPad, TV, PC) and does not exhibit the same behavior.

I can't imagine if this is some sort of settings problem. i'm thinking more along the lines of being a defective unit. I was wondering if anyone has anyone run across this problem with LG projectors or DLP projectors in general ? Maybe it might a sign to stand clear of the HU710s until they fix this issue.. who knows! let me know your thoughts...

Thanks All

Attachments

• IMG_0351.jpg
    IMG_0351.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 56
  • example.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 26

Seanmikhaels

Novice Member
What's strange is it only happens with LGs built in apps and not any external devices.
Yeah i will have to test that out and report back, so far i've only been using the LG stuff. i'll try the same video on an external media player and see what happens..

Seanmikhaels

Novice Member
Did some more testing seems like the issue is with the "True motion" setting on the projector that controls de-judder. Turning off true-motion fixes the issue, but causes movement to look choppy. I will report this to LG to see if there's a defect or firmware issue somewhere.

Pulse1

If you are watching 24hz material then switch on Cinema screen in the Clarity setting as that is optimised for 24hz material, But if you are watching 50/60hz material make sure Cinema Screen is switched off. See if that makes a difference?

Seanmikhaels

Novice Member
If you are watching 24hz material then switch on Cinema screen in the Clarity setting as that is optimised for 24hz material, But if you are watching 50/60hz material make sure Cinema Screen is switched off. See if that makes a difference?
makes sense , i tried all Tru-motion settings for 24hz content and the only setting that doesn’t produce the artifacts is “off“. looks like LG has some work to do.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom