Lg Ht752th

Evokazz

Can anyone tell me how to unlock this system to play all regions?

Evokazz

Having searched online and tried a couple of codes I cant seem to unlock this, does anyone have a surefire way of getting it multi region? most ofmy DVD Collection is imports so Im gutted now, but dont want to take system back as I love it.

Chilly Willy

Can anyone tell me how to unlock this system to play all regions?
Hi mate,

Try this Link - Option 3 worked for me. But be careful in burning the file to CD as it MUST be in the named folders for burning to CD.

This time I know this will help :D

Will

Evokazz

Thanks for the link, but the Lg Ht752th is not listed there, will any of them do?

Also it says extract the zip, the zip is called:

RMTM0000

But file layout on CDR must be

RMTM0000
SCARLET
KPJC19_1.DVD

When I extract the zip, it just throws out the SCARLET folder, so do I need to manually create a RMTM0000 folder and put SCARLET inside with the .dvd file? then burn with the name CODEFREE.

Chilly Willy

Thanks for the link, but the Lg Ht752th is not listed there, will any of them do?

Also it says extract the zip, the zip is called:

RMTM0000

But file layout on CDR must be

RMTM0000
SCARLET
KPJC19_1.DVD

When I extract the zip, it just throws out the SCARLET folder, so do I need to manually create a RMTM0000 folder and put SCARLET inside with the .dvd file? then burn with the name CODEFREE.
Option 3 has worked for other members of the forum with different LG systems.

Yes to create a folder labelled RMTM0000 and Yes to burn CD labelled CODEFREE.

Evokazz

Tried loading the CDR twice and nothing happened, the third time, my tray ejected and the region menu came up, I pressed 0 as instructed on the linked site and hey presto! its now unlocked, thankssssssssssssssssssssss:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Puffin

Standard Member
tried option 3. the region menu doesnt come up when i insert the disc. it read for a few seconds then stops. any ideas why this is?

Thanks

Puffin

Standard Member
I found a way to change A LG HT752th dvd recorder into region free dvd player.

make sure there is no dvd in player
switch on dvd player
wait until it says No Disc
type in Pause 1,4,7,2

should come up with a bunch of numer and few letters:

something like

PROM EDIT: 01 47

PROM OPT: 47 42 ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

Change all number to 00 apart from the ones that are NOT question mark on this screen.

Move the cursor to 07 00 then press Pause. this should work now.

Only found out how to do by messing about!!!

Let me know how it turns out

cobohall

Standard Member

switch on dvd player
type in Pause 1,4,7,2

something like

?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

Change all number to 00 apart from the ones that are NOT question mark on this screen.

I tried this and it's tottally ballsed up my player.Now the HDMI doesn't work,or the "VSM" function.Also some of the set up menu has vanished and I can only get a picture using the scart.Has anyone got a factory reset for this LG?

leedin

Standard Member
:lease:
i done the same i changed the numbers and letters and my player wont do hdmi or vms can some one post the numbers and letters where the question marks are so i can put them back in dont change them or your player wont work help plzzzzzzzzzzz :lease:

Originally Posted by Puffin

switch on dvd player
type in Pause 1,4,7,2

something like

?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

cobohall

Standard Member
Luckily enough my Lg had only been bought that day so I took it back and got another model (LG HT503SH),which has a hack that does work.
In the meantime LG responded to my email asking if there was a factory reset for the LG HT752TH.Which there isn't....

D

DENEO

Hi there just read your problems. I had the same grieve and lg are no help what so ever. I bought a ht752th as a gift for a friend who lifes in spain and thought i had nothing better to do than the usual unlock code. Not with lg crap. I have managed to down load a simple iso file that just burns to disc and load in your ht752th and then select code (0). 6 hours this took me. If you want it just email me and i will send you the file. Glad to help. [email protected]

Schafer

Standard Member
Hi all

I need help

In the steps that have taken before with the pushing of pause button and pushing 1 4 7 2 and then adjusting the certain numbers to Zero, i did that and yay it worked it made my dvd region free

now the problem:

When I did that it made the usb function un-able to play any movies on it now or from it, so if anyone can give the numbers to allow me to input it back into the machine again, that will be a great help, or if you know what number to put in the PROM OPT or PROM EDIT bit so that it works agian, that would be greatful too, or if someone has figured out how to restore it to factory settings again that would good too, thanks for your help in advance

Morby

Standard Member
Sorry for dragging up an old-ish thread but this is exactly what has happened to my player!

It's the same model and I had a friend over the other night who wanted to play a Region 1 DVD I have, anyways he went googling to unlock it, and I think this is the page he found and he typed in the numbers up above on the secret menu.. My player now won't play USB movies or play any homemade burned CD's or DVD's.. :(

I've been googling all day looking for a Factory Reset for this, has anyone found any?

How did you guys get on in the end?

Morby

Standard Member
I don't suppose anyone resolved their issues as above?

Mine is still totally ******... :(

Last edited by a moderator:

ShizzleMyNizzle

Standard Member
Hi Guys

I know this is old but i hope you see my new reply.

I have done what u have done and screwed up my DVD player but i have the fix u need and your DVD will be Region FREE if u follow my instructions to a T.

First bring up the panel u did to change the numbers by pressing pause then 1472, change your number back to the original numbers which are as follows.

01 47

47 42 10 f7 2e 05 f8 31

0b 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

your DVD will now be back to the way it was when you took it out the box and set it up, now see my next post to make it Region FREE.

ShizzleMyNizzle

Standard Member
Now that your DVD is back to the way it should have been before making the mistake many of us did you can now make it Region FREE or Region 0 as some people say by doing the following:

Bring up that same screen we were just at to change the numbers by making sure no disc is in the player, pressing pause then 1472 very quickly, when the screen appears it should now say:

01 47
47 42 10 f7 2e 05 f8 31
0b 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

now you only need to change ONE set of these numbers to make your LG HT752 Region FREE...
move to the second row of numbers which begin 47 42 etc..
press the UP button on your remote til either 5 f3 or 5 f8 appear on your DVD's LCD display..press ENTER then change the numbers to 00, press ENTER again then press PAUSE, you should be back at the DVD screen...POWER OFF your DVD and wait 5 seconds, POWER ON and insert your diffrent region DVD which previously didnt play and brought up the 'CHECK REGION CODE' prompt, if u have done exactly what i said properly this prompt wont appear and your DVD should now play.

PLEASE PLEASE let me know how u get on as i had the same problems as you and followed all the guff online to no avale as you have, until i got my Broadband installed and the Virgin guy told me what to do, he had the same player and the rest is history, but my DVD is now Region FREE(as yours should be now) and my usb, HDMI and everything else still works

CHEERS

Shizzle

PS - I can only say this method worked for my LG HT752 Home Theatre Kit, I doubt very much if it will work for other LG DVD players as none of the others worked for my DVD, but your welcome to try if u are as desperate as i was...i tried everything and just note i bought this in November 2007 so newer version may or may not have a diffrent method.

Last edited:

ShizzleMyNizzle

Standard Member
First bring up the panel u did to change the numbers by pressing pause then 1472, change your numbers back to the original numbers which are as follows.
(Press 'Down' to go to the new line then Press 'UP' to move across the numbers, to change them back to the original numbers, press 'ENTER' then input the numbers below in the proper space, once you have done this press 'PAUSE' to take you back to the DVD Screen, turn off your player. When you turn it back on it will be fixed if u have put the numbers i have given you in properly.

01 47

47 42 10 f7 2e 05 f8 31

0b 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

your DVD will now be back to the way it was when you took it out the box and set it up

let me know how u got on

djlprice9

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply, but I don't know how to put the 'f' or the 'e' or the 'b' in through the remote, 0 to 9 are easy....

Many thanks, as always, in advance...:thumbsup:

TeXvA

Standard Member
Hello.
Just wanted to say that this hack (with RMTM0000 file) works and for LG DVS400H Player. (At least it worked for me).

Good luck to you all.:thumbsup:

MTG

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply, but I don't know how to put the 'f' or the 'e' or the 'b' in through the remote, 0 to 9 are easy....

Many thanks, as always, in advance...:thumbsup:
Hi, Im having the same problem with my remote with no obvious way of getting the letters required for the code above.....!!! Have you or anyone else had any luck....??? Thanks.

Gewitter27

Standard Member
you get the letters when you press one of the number keys longer...1 for A, 2 for B, 5 for E and so on.

has anyone found a hack to make the ht554ph codefree? tried everyhting for the other lg's, but nothing worked so far...

Morby

Standard Member
ShizzleMyNizzle - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!! :clap::clap::clap:

I just tried your above info, and it worked perfectly, I now have my DVD player working back to normal again, thank you so so much!!

Guys, for any of you wary trying any more codes, I can confirm that I tried ShizzleMyNizzle's and it worked a treat! Go ahead, try it out! :)

Now to test out the Region Free code.. will report back shortly! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra smart phones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Mola Mola debuts Kula integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett