lg ht503ph home cinema fault

redfox1971

Standard Member
Seems to have a problem ive got this unit connected to lg37 lg7000 series tv when i goto simplelink and choose ht speaker the cinema system sound works fine,when i select dvd from simplelink disk starts up but says no signal on screen i have sound comeing and going,ive tried differnt hdmi lead no different,if i disconect hdmi lead and connect scart lead will work fine but without simplelink function,so all in all seems be fault with hdmi output,is there a way of resetting the unit,warrunty has now run out hardly used the dvd player,i have noticed another member with the same fault but never said if he had ever solved problem,and idears?

mentm

If simplelink is HDMI control you are best off turning it off and manually selecting the correct input on the tv, you may then need another connection from the tv for audio from the tv, such as optical or stereo rca.

skk3

I do not use HDMI control on my set up for that very reason, mentm.

Egg

Standard Member
Excuse my basic explanation, but im not very technically/electronically minded. I have exactly the same problem but with my ht554ph (a similar unit) and after months of research I have found out that the surround sound unit won't support a picture through hdmi in anything other than 576p. As soon as I select 1080p then I get 'no signal' on the screen. The only way to get the picture back is to change the hex codes (program codes) back from the 1080 to the 576 code. But the unit is clearly not doing it's job so lg are getting a letter from me soon. It's out of warranty too but has been away for 2 months to be repaired twice and it's still the same!!! It was a good unit for the very little time it has worked!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom