Lg hlx55w soundbar

foamywax

Standard Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else here own this product? I really like it and was wondering what anyone else thinks. I only wish that LG had made the sub a little bit better.

Last edited:
I don't have one, but even factoring in it has an integrated BD player and sub thrown in, it still seems pricey.

I have the LG HB405SU 5.1 Blu ray system , probably the same sub. It is £170 and amazing value for money, sounds:thumbsup:

I had read a review last year in some electronics magazine and strangely LG had given them a pre production model that had many glitches. They said that it didn't sound very good but i knew that it was probably because it was a pre model. When i went to buy it it cost 800 euros but they had a three day sale so i got it for 600 euros (i live in greece). Thankfully it sounded great...at 430 watts it's really loud and living in an apartment building i can't crank it up as loud as i want to. Blu rays look and sound great...Spiderman 2, SE7EN, Terminator salvation sound incredible. I wonder if the Yamaha ysp 2200 sounds better. Alot of people don't like LG but some of their products are really really good. I guess you get what you pay for. I was just curious as to what kind of technology and materials does LG use in their soundbars and speakers. I don't think it uses the same sub as yours...this one is active and wireless.

Last edited:
Oh then a wireless sub is an added feature.

Although the satellite speakers on mine are small, they totally rock, v nice design too and in piano black gloss (wish they had done a white iPod-esque colour outfit version too). I was well impressed though. Kudos to LG.

I can well believe the soundbar is quality stuff.

I wouldn't be suprised if Denon decided to rebadge certain LG audio products and sell them as their budget models at double the price.

Last edited:
The strange thing with this subwoofer is that the drivers on the far left and right aren't directed sideways like LG's previous soundbar the hlb54s or the latest one from Philips for reflecting the sound off the walls...The speakers are all directed frontwards. Yeah I really like how LG uses the gossy black plastic. What does Denon have to do with LG?

Replace Denon with any another high end AV manufacturer ; it was intended to be a compliment to LG.

Picked one of these up yesterday and very impressed from a quick test :smashin:

Couple of questions for any users:

1) Do you use any of the different sound fields? Or just keep it on the default for both movies and music?

2) When playing the iPod, it lists the tracks on the albums alphabetically, rather than the correct order on the album. Is there a way of correcting this, as I like having the OSD and using the LG remote for cycling through the iPod. Obviously you can change the input to the iPod in, but then you lose this latter functionality...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom