• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Lg hlb54s

milans

Standard Member
I have HLB54S two months and I am very happy with it, I have just one problem that loose wifi settings after turn off I must set all again and I must set to fabric default that I can set again, also DLNA can't works on Windows 7, i can brovse with laptop and windows xp on it but with windows 7 I can't sound and picture are very good.

milans

sorry about english

Golftiger

Standard Member
I just received mine last Monday, and haven't had the time to test it out properly. But have experienced the same problem, ie. losing wifi settings when turning off.

Also had a problem getting connected to the server (my laptop), but will have to look closer into it.

AND, the BD-Live feature didn't load when trying to load it from the "Hancock" blueray disc.... (have to read me up on this as well obviously....).

It looks great, sounds great, and only downside was when i discovered that my LG-tv didn't have HDMI out. Had to plug it into the MP3 jack....

"Nice to have" the Youtube feature, which works fine (but for the wifi problem as described above).

Anyway, would recommend it!! :thumbsup:

Allan238

Standard Member
The Youtube feature works well, as does everything else.
I just have not been able to connect to the server using Windows 7?

Has anyone else had any luck?

jibbsy

Standard Member
Hi

Can anyone that owns this tell me if it can passthrough the HDMI signal when the unit is turned off?

My current Yamaha one can do this and it makes it a bit more wife friendly as the sound does not have to be blasting out all of the time and i can just use the TV speakers for general tv viewing.

If the answer is yes I may consider this as an upgrade.

Thanks

Jibbsy

jibbsy

Standard Member
Hi. I am now seriously considering this but I could do with knowing about the HDMI passthrough. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Lee

filipc

Standard Member
Hi, there is a problem playing DVD movie through USB. HLB54s doesn't read subtitles. Any sugestions? Has anybody same problem?

Thx

edvard202

Standard Member
i bought this system two weeks ago and everything was working fine. But today the subwoofer is not working (red light is on). I tryed to "remate" the sub with the main console and i have no luck. Restart ob the sub and main console doesn't help.

any ideas? i think that i will take it to the lg service.

NJ1970

Standard Member
Hi

Can anyone that owns this tell me if it can passthrough the HDMI signal when the unit is turned off?

My current Yamaha one can do this and it makes it a bit more wife friendly as the sound does not have to be blasting out all of the time and i can just use the TV speakers for general tv viewing.

If the answer is yes I may consider this as an upgrade.

Thanks

Jibbsy

Not sure what your set up is but I have V+ box feeding the soundbar which in turn feeds my panny g20 all via hdmi. With this set up unless the soundbar is on, no V+ pics or sound. I have the option of using the tvs freesat or freeview facilities but dont have either connected at the moment.

MagNav

Standard Member
Hello everybody!

I have HLB54S sound bar. While watching ext. HDD (usb) or DVD content via video cable connected to my Philips Cineos TV i am getting video lagging. It means that sound lead the video signal and it's getting worse as time elapsed on the video getting shorter. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom