LG H20L Blu ray burner - freezes with included bd-rw disk

danielmc1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have the LG GGW-H20L Blu-ray burner with latest firmware. I have burned DVDs, CDs and a couple of HD 1080 videos from the video camera to a bd-r disk with no problems.

However, when I insert the rewritable blu-ray disk that was included in the box, the drive is constantly 'busy'. If I try and access it via 'my computer' (vista) the 'my computer' window just stops responding. After about ten minutes, it stops being 'busy' and the 'my computer' window comes to life again. Any further interaction with the drive triggers the same 10 minute 'busy' cycle again, unless you just eject the bdrw disk. Any attempts at erasing the disc with the included software result in a failure (again, after 10 minutes of being busy). The saved log specific to the disk from the LG erase tool reads:

[B's Erase Version]
EXE:1.24
DLL:1.19
SYS:0.00
Lang:English

[Local Time]
2009/10/19 00:28:21

[System]
Microsoft Windows 2000
6.00.6001 Service Pack 1
Lang:English (United Kingdom)

[Computer]
GenuineIntel
x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
RAM:2047MB

[Device]
(D:)SCSI HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L atapi
Supported
(D:)1,0,0 HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L YL05
Target:D

[Disc Info]
"BD-RE disc."
"This disc has data written on it."
ReadAtip:Complete
DiscType=1048576
Disc Mode=524288
Max Sectors=11826176

[Error Message]
Time lapsed:00:00:01
:
""

Any ideas of what may be the problem anyone?

Thanks in advance...

Dan

Last edited:
Dont worry, the bdrw disc that comes with them are useless, they are known for being just crap, I binned mine as i cant read anything off it, everything else I use works just fine though.

Ah ok thanks emporer.

Seems completely stupid though that the very disc supplied to work with the drive doesn't work!

Have ordered a verbatim rewritable bdr - hopefully that one will work!

Got the Verbatim Bd-rw disk this morning & it works perfectly!

I'm very pleased with LG's burner - it's burned all types of disk very well so far without even one coaster, even dual layer and bd-r disks have been problem free - but I won't be going anywhere near LG's blank media again...

Just a heads up .. my drive stopped reading any media .... DABS(who are excellent) had no more in stock as the product is now discontinued.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom