LG GX Oled Unboxing & Basic Set Up..

I'm still conflicted GX vs CX.

So you're paying £1000 more for a less versatile TV?

What happens if down the road, you move house and there isn't an appropiate place to wall mount a TV?

I really think it should have included a stand of sorts.

I'm still conflicted GX vs CX.

So you're paying £1000 more for a less versatile TV?

What happens if down the road, you move house and there isn't an appropiate place to wall mount a TV?

I really think it should have included a stand of sorts.
That's their way of making you consider the fact that this TV is not supposed to be on a stand, just buy a CX it's completely the same when comparing performance...
Yes you're buying a TV that is more expensive and less versatile if you decide not to use it on the wall.

Samsung Frame TV is also more expensive compared to QLEDs with similar performance.

That's their way of making you consider the fact that this TV is not supposed to be on a stand, just buy a CX it's completely the same when comparing performance...
Yes you're buying a TV that is more expensive and less versatile if you decide not to use it on the wall.

Samsung Frame TV is also more expensive compared to QLEDs with similar performance.

Yup. I think I'll have to see one in person to fully appreciate which way to go but it seems like a huge premium for less versatility and a few centre metres closer to the wall.

I agree the GX and CX seem to be the same spec (except for handsfree voice control) but I think I would've gone for the GX if they had released it last year. By the time the wall bracket is added, it's a close to 7cm away from the wall (based on the previous year's models with LG bracket).

I like the close to the wall look. It always seemed a bit crazy to me that they hadn't looked at ways to spread the component section across the device to take advantage of the thin screen. I even considered the wallpaper model but I didn't want a 65" screen (or the cost!) Instead, I had the builders create a recess into the chimney. It's not the same look as the wallpaper model as I opted to have the recess larger around the TV because the builder would have needed to be very precise to create the wallpaper effect. This gives me flexibility to change TV at a later date, fill in the wall or add a wooden border, but I've put Hue light strips there for now.

I wonder if the CX and GX will receive the exact same panel - wasn't it always rumoured that the better performing / more uniform panels went to the E9 rather than the B/C9?

I wonder if the CX and GX will receive the exact same panel - wasn't it always rumoured that the better performing / more uniform panels went to the E9 rather than the B/C9?
I would expect them to have nailed the production at this point since they ramped up so much, shouldn't be as much panel lottery imo.

I think that was also true last year. Not saying that the B/C9 panels are bad or worse than the E9, just that I remember reading that the E9 panels were generally found to have less banding.

I agree the GX and CX seem to be the same spec (except for handsfree voice control) but I think I would've gone for the GX if they had released it last year. By the time the wall bracket is added, it's a close to 7cm away from the wall (based on the previous year's models with LG bracket).

I like the close to the wall look. It always seemed a bit crazy to me that they hadn't looked at ways to spread the component section across the device to take advantage of the thin screen. I even considered the wallpaper model but I didn't want a 65" screen (or the cost!) Instead, I had the builders create a recess into the chimney. It's not the same look as the wallpaper model as I opted to have the recess larger around the TV because the builder would have needed to be very precise to create the wallpaper effect. This gives me flexibility to change TV at a later date, fill in the wall or add a wooden border, but I've put Hue light strips there for now.

Is the extra £1000 worth not having the flexibility of a stand down the line but having 7mm less gap? ?

I'm really debating in my head whether to wait for a GX price drop or just go for the CX.

Is the extra £1000 worth not having the flexibility of a stand down the line but having 7mm less gap? ?

I'm really debating in my head whether to wait for a GX price drop or just go for the CX.
It's about 5cm difference isn't it? 2.5cm out from the wall on the GX vs 7cm on the CX?

It's about 5cm difference isn't it? 2.5cm out from the wall on the GX vs 7cm on the CX?

dunno tbh i plonked that number out of my ass

It's around £500 more for the GX 55" compared to the CX. The CX will stick out around 5cm more from the wall than the GX (depending on wall mount).

The GX comes with a wall bracket and the CX comes with a stand. If you're going to buy the GX, you'll have to get a compatible stand if you decide not to mount it to the wall at some stage in the future. Same in reverse for the CX if you decide to wall mount it instead of using the stand.

Aesthetically, I would go for the GX if mounting flat to the wall (no point in doing so if you're going to get a projecting wall mount imo), but I would also wait for the price to fall a bit. I spent about £1,200 on the chimney work so the difference in cost between the CX and GX would be worth it for me if starting again (although my screen is in line with the wall).

It's around £500 more for the GX 55" compared to the CX. The CX will stick out around 5cm more from the wall than the GX (depending on wall mount).

The GX comes with a wall bracket and the CX comes with a stand. If you're going to buy the GX, you'll have to get a compatible stand if you decide not to mount it to the wall at some stage in the future. Same in reverse for the CX if you decide to wall mount it instead of using the stand.

Aesthetically, I would go for the GX if mounting flat to the wall (no point in doing so if you're going to get a projecting wall mount imo), but I would also wait for the price to fall a bit. I spent about £1,200 on the chimney work so the difference in cost between the CX and GX would be worth it for me if starting again (although my screen is in line with the wall).
Ah I’m looking at the 77 incher

And for others one connect is a little irrelevant or even bothersome since people use receivers to connect multiple devices.
Couldn’t you connect the receiver to it 🧐

When he was showing ISF mode he used Ozark. Do the US not get it in HDR Dolby Vision like we do?

Ah I’m looking at the 77 incher

I don't think the cost of a stand is an issue if you're considering spending around £5k on a TV. The depth of the device is probably not going to be noticeable on a screen that size (with room to match).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom