LG G6 Smartphone Review & Comments

great review like the look of this phone,and the camera.

Good review it looks like a lovely phone but its not worth £250 more than say a One Plus 3T:)

Im still rockin a G4 :laugh: and love the camera on that.

It does seem like a great phone but I feel that the G6 really needs to significantly undercut the s8 price in order to get much traction. A price of £550 would seem more reasonable.

Having a 821 is a checkpoint in the "Bad" list? That's a bit of a stretch, how many phones even have a 821? :eek:
Nice little phone, oddly late to market.

Last edited:
This would have been my next phone having been more than satisfied with my G4 for the last 2 years. However, alongside the lack of wireless charging, LG is also denying UK customers the high end audio Quad DAC (available only in Asia) and we'll only be able to get the 32 GB version as opposed to a 64 GB version available in other territories (although I appreciate that can be expanded via an SD card). It just seems to me that LG are treating us as second class customers rather than giving us the option of being able to buy a top of the range smartphone. Consequently, I'll be looking for something else :(

The 18:9 aspect ratio is not a plus in my opinion. Most of all youtube content is 16:9 and it is gonna stay that way. I dont like my videos stretched and I dont like pillar boxes. I use my mate 8 for a lot of streaming from youtube and a 18:9 aspect ratio makes no sense to me. I hope the huawei mate 10 doesnt go down this road.

The 18:9 aspect ratio is not a plus in my opinion. Most of all youtube content is 16:9 and it is gonna stay that way. I dont like my videos stretched and I dont like pillar boxes. I use my mate 8 for a lot of streaming from youtube and a 18:9 aspect ratio makes no sense to me. I hope the huawei mate 10 doesnt go down this road.
These wider ratios strike me as a desperate effort to increase screen size for marketing purposes without making the screen unwieldy. 16:9 is the best ratio for videos. For web surfing and reading if anything I would want a wider screen rather than a taller one.

Was seriously considering this for my next upgrade in August. However what's not mentioned in the review is that in Korea it has Quad Hi-Fi Dacs and in the US it has wireless charging both features removed for Europe. Obviously to reduce price or boost their margins in Europe but processor aside this would have made it pretty much my perfect phone.

These wider ratios strike me as a desperate effort to increase screen size for marketing purposes without making the screen unwieldy. 16:9 is the best ratio for videos. For web surfing and reading if anything I would want a wider screen rather than a taller one.

It's not as bad as you'd think. The image doesn't get stretched or even look weird, I think Samsung did a good job with the fit to screen option. I actually think the longer screen looks much more cinematic.

Here's my S6 vs S8+, the video source is a full screen aspect ratio video on youtube, so if anything this is worse case scenerio.

12n6xAT.jpg

zAmlgPw.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoy using my G5 but was interested in this until I heard the Quad DAC wasnt coming to the UK.

The Korean version can be imported from Wonda mobile for £539 which I think is the price area LG should have this for in the UK.

Enjoy using my G5 but was interested in this until I heard the Quad DAC wasnt coming to the UK.

The Korean version can be imported from Wonda mobile for £539 which I think is the price area LG should have this for in the UK.
Available for under £500 from Amazon in Italy.

LG G6 £496.04 (€585.92) @ Amazon.it

While we are still in the EU there is obviously no import duties or VAT when buying from another EU country.

Are wonda legit?

The 64gb import is available for £499 at eGlobal Central which includes the Quad DAC. They even have the V20 (with B&O DAC) for £350 which is a bargain.

LG G6 H870DS 64GB Dual sim SIM FREE/ UNLOCKED - Black

Getting it insured in the UK is the only thing stopping me from getting it. Although they do offer their own 12 month warranty.

Are wonda legit?
I know of people who have used them before and recommend them. They are a phone reviewer/blogger too so that's good enough for me. [emoji106]

Are wonda legit?
I bought my xiaomi mi mix from them and it arrived fast and well packaged.

Only thing is the package had a declared value of £25 and said it was a MP3 player not a phone, obviously to save money on customs and vat fees.

Tempted for sure by this phone imported, it's not perfect but not far off the ideal spec for me . My g3 is getting old now :(

This would have been my next phone having been more than satisfied with my G4 for the last 2 years. However, alongside the lack of wireless charging, LG is also denying UK customers the high end audio Quad DAC (available only in Asia) and we'll only be able to get the 32 GB version as opposed to a 64 GB version available in other territories (although I appreciate that can be expanded via an SD card). It just seems to me that LG are treating us as second class customers rather than giving us the option of being able to buy a top of the range smartphone. Consequently, I'll be looking for something else :(

Pretty much sums up my reason for not upgrading my G4 to the G6.

The 64gb import is available for £499 at eGlobal Central which includes the Quad DAC. They even have the V20 (with B&O DAC) for £350 which is a bargain.

LG G6 H870DS 64GB Dual sim SIM FREE/ UNLOCKED - Black

Getting it insured in the UK is the only thing stopping me from getting it. Although they do offer their own 12 month warranty.
£439 now , anyone used eglobal before with possitive experience?

£439 now , anyone used eglobal before with possitive experience?
I've read nothing but bad reviews in the past tbh.

Personally I'd stick with Wonda if I was importing. I'm tempted by the Korean version but saw earlier that a small amount of menu text is still in Korean and you can't stop the lock screen from showing two clocks. Minor things I guess but if I'm spending that much it needs to be pretty much perfect :(

I've read nothing but bad reviews in the past tbh.

Personally I'd stick with Wonda if I was importing. I'm tempted by the Korean version but saw earlier that a small amount of menu text is still in Korean and you can't stop the lock screen from showing two clocks. Minor things I guess but if I'm spending that much it needs to be pretty much perfect :(
yes i came to that conclusion to and i don't think it includes taxes etc and i thought Wonda's price did. Now i was pretty set to buy from WOnda but your comments above have me concerned do you have a link to that info? Keep us posted on what you decide to do and i will do like wise because this seems the best vale to money phone out there at the mo for me,.

yes i came to that conclusion to and i don't think it includes taxes etc and i thought Wonda's price did. Now i was pretty set to buy from WOnda but your comments above have me concerned do you have a link to that info? Keep us posted on what you decide to do and i will do like wise because this seems the best vale to money phone out there at the mo for me,.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom