LG G6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

No whining sound coming from mine. I would get it looked at.
LG seem to agree it is faulty and are sending an engineer out with some parts to fix it, apparently a main sound board and some speakers. Apparently they fix in home these days.

Hopefully that will get it solved, it's driving me nuts.

Thanks for the support.

Looking for a 4K HDR 65" OLED set that still supports 3D playback for some of my legacy discs (yeah, I know, but it'd be a shame to lose that option now). The LG OLED65G6V or E6V seem the perfect choice as the 7 series no longer supports 3D ---- but I'm not finding anywhere I know with any stock left.

Is the G6V now totally sold out or might I be able to track one down? I've found the curved-screen C6V variant, but I'd prefer flat if possible. Any ideas? (asked in the E6V thread also)

Andre

Looking for a 4K HDR 65" OLED set that still supports 3D playback for some of my legacy discs (yeah, I know, but it'd be a shame to lose that option now). The LG OLED65G6V or E6V seem the perfect choice as the 7 series no longer supports 3D ---- but I'm not finding anywhere I know with any stock left.

Is the G6V now totally sold out or might I be able to track one down? I've found the curved-screen C6V variant, but I'd prefer flat if possible. Any ideas? (asked in the E6V thread also)

Andre
This was the first one to come up in Google:

LG OLED65E6V

Or: Buy Televisions | LG E6 Series OLED65E6V - 65" 3D OLED Smart TV - 4K UltraHD | rlrdistribution.co.uk

Or: LG OLED65E6V 65" 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED Smart TV

Or: https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-OLED65E6V-65-Inches-HDR-Smart/dp/B01EN5J70G

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hi,

I've had my lg65g6 since April and can't fault it.
it's amazing In 3D and 4K.

Does anyone know if you can connect a 3.1 speakers setup to work in conjunction with the tv soundbar through the optical cable?
In the tv settings in sound out tab it allows you to choose internal tv speaker + optical (simultaneously sound with internal tv speaker)

Now I know a lot of you will be saying "you daft thing you lol ..you've just answered your own question"

I am asking does it work before I get a 2.1 or 3.1 speaker so I can get a sub for the tv?
Has anyone tried?

Thanks.

Depends what you're expecting. I don't think you can use 3.1 as the surround speakers and the tv ones as the front..... You most definitely can use a 2.1/3.1/5.1 system and also have the tv speakers also play the front 2 channels at the same time though.

This was the first one to come up in Google:

LG OLED65E6V

Thanks, I had already Googled and found a few, but from dealers I'd never heard of. Not sure whether Reliant or BeyondTelevision (these two companies seem to share an identical website and address) are safe to spend close to £3,000 with... Anyone used them?

Andre

Hi Andre, I used reliant back in March for a LG 43" 4K with wall mount for my bedroom..

They accidentally sent the wrong wall bracket so sent me a more expensive alphason model free of charge..
So overall The service was good with good communication and never had any other issue,
Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Depends what you're expecting. I don't think you can use 3.1 as the surround speakers and the tv ones as the front..... You most definitely can use a 2.1/3.1/5.1 system and also have the tv speakers also play the front 2 channels at the same time though.

Thank you.

Over on the E6 forum people are mentioning the HLG demo on the BBC iPlayer app, accessed by using the Beta version and then selecting the demo from the settings. I do not see this on my G6 even after re-installing the app. Just wondered if any other G6 users are getting this demo?

Over on the E6 forum people are mentioning the HLG demo on the BBC iPlayer app, accessed by using the Beta version and then selecting the demo from the settings. I do not see this on my G6 even after re-installing the app. Just wondered if any other G6 users are getting this demo?

I don’t get it on my G6 either. I’ve tried the beta iplayer app but still nothing.

I don’t get it on my G6 either. I’ve tried the beta iplayer app but still nothing.
Strange that the E6 gets it but the G6 does not.

Has anybody used them before? I found rather peculiar that they are the only retailer to have them on line. They also share the same postal address. I have searching for E6 and G6 they had the E6 in stock but the G6 was not. It seems that they have them in stock now.

I am not saying that they are not trustworthy just to exercise caution 4K pounds is sizeable chunk of money.

Has anybody used them before? I found rather peculiar that they are the only retailer to have them on line. They also share the same postal address. I have searching for E6 and G6 they had the E6 in stock but the G6 was not. It seems that they have them in stock now.

I am not saying that they are not trustworthy just to exercise caution 4K pounds is sizeable chunk of money.
Somewhere I am sure I read that they deal with open box stuff. I may be wrong though.

New update on the asian site 5.30.15. Presumably should be on other regions eventually.

After months of usage with no issues I have a very minor niggle that I wondered if there's a setting to help reduce noticeable gradient bands which show up every so often while viewing anything on sky & sometimes 4k youtube (footage of the sky/clouds/sunrise).

As mentioned its not a common appearance so it could be due to compression via sky or YouTube videos.

Does anyone else notice any gradient banding?

After months of usage with no issues I have a very minor niggle that I wondered if there's a setting to help reduce noticeable gradient bands which show up every so often while viewing anything on sky & sometimes 4k youtube (footage of the sky/clouds/sunrise).

As mentioned its not a common appearance so it could be due to compression via sky or YouTube videos.

Does anyone else notice any gradient banding?
I see this too, often via Sky, but also on Amazon and Netflix. Saw some only today when watching Blue Planet on Sky. I put it down to the TV being unforgiving of compressed sources but as far as I know there is no setting to combat it.

I see this too, often via Sky, but also on Amazon and Netflix. Saw some only today when watching Blue Planet on Sky. I put it down to the TV being unforgiving of compressed sources but as far as I know there is no setting to combat it.

Thanks...

That was what I was thinking but wanted a 2nd opinion :)

Never happens on 3D though which is always sublime.

Here is the BBC list of the devices that support the 4K HLG Blue Planet II demo on iPlayer.
At the time of writing it looks like the G6 is not one of them.
Strange that they left the G6 out.

Does that mean the flagship G series is not capable when the B & C is?

Does that mean the flagship G series is not capable when the B & C is?
The G6 has HLG HDR support like the other models and in addition supports HDR on YouTube so I would have thought it was capable. It is an odd omission which I noticed months ago when E6 owners were reporting HDR demos on the TVs iPlayer app but it was not showing up on my G6. Could it be the G6 did not shift enough units to warrant support?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom