LG G6 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Nope, never seen that before. I will see if I can record Newsnight as a series to see if I get the same problem.

Ok ta. So how do you know yours doesn't work then? I know that might sound a stupid question but any info I can feed back to LG the better. Oh and try any series link. Mine has failed all 4 today so far. Until a couple of days ago it would occasionally work. Now it fails 100% of the time. I've even fully reset the TV.

StumpyBloke,

I don't get the "unable to load" message for Newsnight, but it didn't record last night.

For "Still open all hours" on Sunday the recording started and then after 15 minutes I got a "recording failed, there is a problem with your storage device" message and the recording stopped. I now get the "unable to load" message for this programme on the TV scheduler.

StumpyBloke,

I don't get the "unable to load" message for Newsnight, but it didn't record last night.

For "Still open all hours" on Sunday the recording started and then after 15 minutes I got a "recording failed, there is a problem with your storage device" message and the recording stopped. I now get the "unable to load" message for this programme on the TV scheduler.

Hi. Thanks for checking for me. You only get the 'unable to load' message if you set your recordings for series links so perhaps that's why you didn't see it for Newsnight?

I had a day of it working perfectly (23rd) but since then it's failed on everything. I've spoken to LG and they are ordering a new main board for my TV. However I don't think it will fix the problem...I think it's more likely software.

If you are able to do some more checking with series links, that would be really useful information for me to feedback to LG. At the moment they don't think it is a software issue.

I will let you know how I get on with the main board replacement which should be done next week.

Thanks again.

Hi guys,
I’m interested in buying a G - the 65 model, I want to know if the banding issue is also persistent on this model G considering that the 65E has this problem. Has anyone this issues with his set?

And regarding the image processing and quality could someone tell me if there is any difference between E and G?

Is it worth the price difference?

If you are able to do some more checking with series links, that would be really useful information for me to feedback to LG. At the moment they don't think it is a software issue.

So just checked this morning. Of the six series links requested last night, only two recorded all the way through. The other four stopped after about 12 to 15 minutes.

The unable to load error has now gone away from the TV scheduler for "Still open all hours".

Thanks again MavAV. Sounds like your issue is slightly different to mine. I have forwarded this topic to LG [emoji106]

Thanks @grzegorz914 :)

We now know definitively that only the C & E share the same chipset.

B6: Realtek RTD2999 SoC
C6: LG 1312 SoC
E6: LG 1312 SoC
G6: LG 1210 SoC

LG don't define the specs anywhere - there are LG1312 reference boards out there and there is some information saying they're based on the ARM Cortex A53 design - no idea on the LG 1210.

Hoping it is possible to bring Youtube HDR to the C6. not a biggie I know, but when you spend so much on these TV's I want it to do everything lol

Last edited:
Thanks @grzegorz914 :)

We now know definitively that only the C & E share the same chipset.

B6: Realtek RTD2999 SoC
C6: LG 1312 SoC
E6: LG 1312 SoC
G6: LG 1210 SoC

LG don't define the specs anywhere - there are LG1312 reference boards out there and there is some information saying they're based on the ARM Cortex A53 design - no idea on the LG 1210.
The labelling implies the C and E series have a newer chip?
That would be similar to why the G had less enabled HDMI ports?
Speculation ofcourse

Speculation ofcourse

It is a pain the G only having 2 HDR enabled HDMI ports actually.

It is a pain the G only having 2 HDR enabled HDMI ports actually.
Use a switch with HDR like the Ligawo on Amazon. That's what I use on my E6

Speculation ofcourse
It's definitely a strange one - with the LG 1210 supporting Youtube VP9 Profile 2 for HDR but the 1312 not (yet anyway) and yet the 1312 having more HDMI 2.0 connections.

Saw the 77in G6 in Selfridges on Friday, what a beast of a tv! LG opera demo material looked awesome on it and I think it was reduced from its usual rrp of £19k to £17.5k (i think, don't hold me to that).

Saw the 77in G6 in Selfridges on Friday, what a beast of a tv! LG opera demo material looked awesome on it and I think it was reduced from its usual rrp of £19k to £17.5k (i think, don't hold me to that).
I'll never understand how LG can justify a £15k price increase from the 65 to 75" TV, it's obscene.

I'll never understand how LG can justify a £15k price increase from the 65 to 75" TV, it's obscene.

Yields decrease significantly. So as someone else put it, you're not only paying for the panel you buy but the faulty ones to get to your good panel.

As an arbitrary example consider the yield is one in three. And a 77" set has twice the surface area of a 55" set. Thats the equivalent of 6 55" panels to get your one good 77" panel. You've already reached a price point which makes it a niche product, which in turn drives up the cost further, as you're spreading costs such as R&D/mould/productions setup/components/support/etc over a smaller number of sets.

And then finally VAT widens the gap even further. Of that £17.5k, almost £3K is VAT.

Last edited:

Wish I could afford one.

Does anyone know if it is ok to run the 'Clear Panel Noise' feature on a weekly basis?

I've seen a 65G6 for sale online for €3800, the price is obviously to good to be true as its price in a bricks and morter shop is €6k still. I have been set on the 65KS8000 up to Friday when I seen it in Currys and there was a huge amount of light bleed along the bottom edge in about 3-4 locations. They had a KS9000 right beside it and it also had the same issue. So the other dilema is it's quite a bit above my budget but I do like getting a bargain and also the fact that it's supposed to be an awesome TV as well.
Thoughts please?

Dubious - mere possibility or probability? Three, all on the same page no less! :eek:

Amazon.co.uk_Buying_Choices_LG_OLED65G6V_-_2017-02-27_13.03.34.png

Definitely a scam. Avoid all third party sellers that have no track record and require you to e-mail them to arrange payment.

I have a question regarding the E6 remote, the bigger one of the two.

I've set it up to control my UHD Blu Ray player, which it does no problem, I can navigate the menu perfectly. However, when I press the STB PWR button on the top right, I would expect that to either power on or off the Blu Ray player. Instead a SET UP UNIVERSAL REMOTE CONTROL (YES / NO) bar pops up from the bottom of the TV screen, the same one that I started the setup with.

Any idea how I get the remote to power the player rather than bring up this wizard?

Thanks for any advice.

MR

That's specifically for an STB AFAIK

I have a quick question about the picture on my G6 and wonder if someone can help.

I have noticed that if I am sat slightly off-axis to the screen the colours towards the edge the furthest away from me take on a different tinge. Most noticeable on white which takes on a blue or 'cooler' hue, but also noticeable on other colours too. Is this normal? Or should I be worried?

Just a bit concerned as the hdtvtest review of the G6 says "supremely rich colours that didn't take any noticeable hit off-axis".

Last edited:
My 65G6 does this a little bit too [emoji106]

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom