Distinguished Member
Reaction score
List of bugs so far (credit @chros )

Image processing issues on 2022 models:
Other issues:

Last edited:
hello everyone

77 for me too...quite surprised they have so many to send out

I'll probably order the 65" G2 this week.

I'll probably order the 65" G2 this week.
shame the G2 wasn't available from Insiders in a 65...my brother in law has gone for the C2 65 for that very reason

Yep I have now thanks to the insider programme

Also got the invoice downloaded from my profile. Looks like its on

in case it makes anyone feel a little safer with their recent Insiders purchase, as mentioned on an earlier post, my first attempt at a payment got blocked initially (I tried twice in fact) so after calling my card company...more to make sure two payments hadn't gone through, they confirmed it had been blocked and then lifted the block.

But prior to that, I had emailed insiders to mention the fact I had tried to pay twice and that I had no idea if a payment had gone through and could they advise if the payment had gone through or if there was an issue.

Once my card company had lifted the block and I'd made the payment, I emailed Insiders again to tell them to ignore my previous email and that blocks had been lifted and payment had been made.

They responded to that email just before 9 this morning...a personalised email, not just an automatically generated one.

So certainly seems a bit more organised than it may have at first seemed

in case it makes anyone feel a little safer with their recent Insiders purchase, as mentioned on an earlier post, my first attempt at a payment got blocked initially (I tried twice in fact) so after calling my card company...more to make sure two payments hadn't gone through, they confirmed it had been blocked and then lifted the block.

But prior to that, I had emailed insiders to mention the fact I had tried to pay twice and that I had no idea if a payment had gone through and could they advise if the payment had gone through or if there was an issue.

Once my card company had lifted the block and I'd made the payment, I emailed Insiders again to tell them to ignore my previous email and that blocks had been lifted and payment had been made.

They responded to that email just before 9 this morning...a personalised email, not just an automatically generated one.

So certainly seems a bit more organised than it may have at first seemed
cheers - sounds as if its all legit etc

cheers - sounds as if its all legit etc
well, I'll still only be fully a believer when a nice big box gets brought to my front door...but its looking good for now....

well, I'll still only be fully a believer when a nice big box gets brought to my front door...but its looking good for now....
I hope it arrives as my C1 is going back to Richer Sounds this week

I hope it arrives as my C1 is going back to Richer Sounds this week
hopefully all is good but I assume its gonna be a good few weeks if not more.....luckily I'm not ina massive hurry as the TV it will replace is still going great guns and we have multiple other TVs that can be watched anyway

I assume they are still sticking with 100mbps LAN connection?

Has anyone managed to confirm the G2 does get the same 5 year warranty direct from LG that the G1 does?

Nothing about it on the LG website

Has anyone managed to confirm the G2 does get the same 5 year warranty direct from LG that the G1 does?

Nothing about it on the LG website
We must be looking at different websites 😉

A260E295-B5E9-43F1-866B-E69D38098446.png

hopefully all is good but I assume its gonna be a good few weeks if not more.....luckily I'm not ina massive hurry as the TV it will replace is still going great guns and we have multiple other TVs that can be watched anyway
no rush for me as well as i have a sony xe940 at the moment which is still a fine TV

I assume they are still sticking with 100mbps LAN connection?
does look to be the case so I would go with a USB dongle which should max out the 300ish MB/s USB bottleneck....this would mean things are fine for even the highest bitrate local streams over a network. In fairness I already do this over my wired network to 2 Sony XH9505's and the only downside is that movies take an extra second or two to start playing back..and then skipping takes a few extra seconds to find the right spot....otherwise the impact is minimal...in fairness, you'd only notice the difference if you had been using an external device (like an ATV4K or a Shield) that had a gigabit port on it

I actually already bought the Cable Matters USB Gigabit dongle but as the Sony firmware update for the 9505 hasn't come through yet, I'd just use that on the G2 instead.

Also worth noting, it's only Kodi that seemed to want a bit more bandwidth and Plex playback even of lossless UHD rips has never been a problem.

im actually going with vesa 300 mount initially until I decorate the room that the TV will go in.

Might also go with the slat panelling behind the TV as well as really like the look

Last edited:
im actually going with vesa 300 mount initially until I decorate the room that the TV will go in.

Might also go with the slat panelling behind the TV as well as really like the look
What's wrong with the mount that it comes with?

What's wrong with the mount that it comes with?
nothing at all...but as I will be messing about with the wall that its going on, to save me having to start digging out chunks of the wall to sink/recess pliug sockets, this way I can still use and just lose a bit of the "flushness" for a month or two....more than happy for that to be the case until I go with something like below

Attachments

• D9348B9A-2658-4431-B2CC-53FA005DEA73.jpeg
    D9348B9A-2658-4431-B2CC-53FA005DEA73.jpeg
    442.9 KB · Views: 363

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom