LG G2 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

jouster

Just had my freebie LG atone headphones arrive after reviewing my G2. Got gold which isn’t really my thing. If anyone gets black and would prefer gold, let me know, happy to swap

FD7419A9-6B9E-4E91-9370-6046BCA8BAF0.jpeg

Evanss45

Standard Member
Hi

I've upgraded from my LG C9 to the G2. Loving the tv however I've noticed a 1 second lag when I press the remote for it to do anything. changing the channel or volume etc. Is this a common issue with the G2 as it was an issue on the C9? anybody else got this issue?

jouster

Hi

I've upgraded from my LG C9 to the G2. Loving the tv however I've noticed a 1 second lag when I press the remote for it to do anything. changing the channel or volume etc. Is this a common issue with the G2 as it was an issue on the C9? anybody else got this issue?
Can’t say I’ve noticed it on my 77. That said I don’t use the standard remote anymore and only use my Harmony Elite

Radox0

Hi

Noticed it slightly with the volume (going out to AVR) compared to my C9 indeed. Not a entire second, but enough that I noticed it when I also moved from the C9. Used to it now however.

GAmbrose

Can anyone please recommend a temporary free standing mount I could use for a 77" G2, that would be stable on carpeted floor?

I was going to wall mount it with the bracket in the box, but still waiting to get a fireplace removed and wall flattened, and so the TV is sitting in a box in my hall, and I need to do a review for the Insiders.

quark

Just had my freebie LG atone headphones arrive after reviewing my G2. Got gold which isn’t really my thing. If anyone gets black and would prefer gold, let me know, happy to swap

View attachment 1720006

I got gold ones too, also not my colour, but the wife has bagged them so all good :)
The wireless hub feature is a nice idea on these, did not know they had that.

spikecast

My £300 cheque arrived today for my cashback. Only took 10 days from point of confirmation.

quark

Has anyone looked into the extended warrant that LG are pushing for the 77 G2? I know that there is 5years panel cover included, but considering the value of the set, I am thinking of upgrading. Will call them next week and post feedback if no one has done it already.

jouster

My £300 cheque arrived today for my cashback. Only took 10 days from point of confirmation.
Was that from a direct purchase or from Insiders purchase

spikecast

Zarf2007

Has anyone looked into the extended warrant that LG are pushing for the 77 G2? I know that there is 5years panel cover included, but considering the value of the set, I am thinking of upgrading. Will call them next week and post feedback if no one has done it already.
i asked about this when I registered my tv (insiders purchase) and when the D&G guy was trying to get a cost he said the couldn‘t cover tv‘s valued at over £2k so would be a no go as the 77g2 is £4500 RRP……

quark

i asked about this when I registered my tv (insiders purchase) and when the D&G guy was trying to get a cost he said the couldn‘t cover tv‘s valued at over £2k so would be a no go as the 77g2 is £4500 RRP……
Thanks, i guess the up front discount will have to act as insurance then.
Hopefully this generation will be as reliable as my old Panasonic Plasma, still in use by my daughter today! :)

jouster

Thanks, i guess the up front discount will have to act as insurance then.
Hopefully this generation will be as reliable as my old Panasonic Plasma, still in use by my daughter today! :)
A little confused as the leaflet came in the box along with the other bumpf so shouldn’t they be able to cover. Or am I getting my wires crossed with something else

spikecast

Watched Top Gun in 4K on the G2 last night, stunning picture! Can't wait to watch TG: Maverick on this TV!

11CC6B36-9B41-4B4A-AAA4-DE30BBB24586.png

Zarf2007

A little confused as the leaflet came in the box along with the other bumpf so shouldn’t they be able to cover. Or am I getting my wires crossed with something else
It may be the person I spoke to was clueless, I got the “saturday job” feeling from him

quark

A bit of feedback on my attempts at getting a quote for extended warranty cover on the 77G2.

1. Calling the number on the leaflet:
Asked by automated system if the TV has a 5yr warranty - selecting yes gives additional automated feedback that its automatically registered and there is nothing else to do. The call then ends.
2. Using the supplied Link on the leaflet:
Taken to a page where the first set of questions only lets you select LED TV's up to a value of £2k. If you choose this and put in the correct model and S/N, it moves to the next page offering cover at £12.95/m (yikes).
3. Calling LG customer services direct:
Told the only route to cover is via D&G or other independent insurer. Advised to try the leaflet number again and not answer yes to the 5yr Warranty question.
4. Leaflet number again (Answering NO to 5yr Warranty):
Person answers and confirms that they only cover TV's up to £2K. Say they could list it as £2K value and then cover is available for £8.75/m (I asked what the implications of reducing the value was, but did not get a clear answer).

So, it really does look like the leaflet in the box is misleading, and there is no extended cover available for the 77G2 via the LG + D&G partnership - at least not up to the purchase price, and I would wonder about the validity of doing it at 2k.

johnpmc35

A bit of feedback on my attempts at getting a quote for extended warranty cover on the 77G2.

1. Calling the number on the leaflet:
Asked by automated system if the TV has a 5yr warranty - selecting yes gives additional automated feedback that its automatically registered and there is nothing else to do. The call then ends.
2. Using the supplied Link on the leaflet:
Taken to a page where the first set of questions only lets you select LED TV's up to a value of £2k. If you choose this and put in the correct model and S/N, it moves to the next page offering cover at £12.95/m (yikes).
3. Calling LG customer services direct:
Told the only route to cover is via D&G or other independent insurer. Advised to try the leaflet number again and not answer yes to the 5yr Warranty question.
4. Leaflet number again (Answering NO to 5yr Warranty):
Person answers and confirms that they only cover TV's up to £2K. Say they could list it as £2K value and then cover is available for £8.75/m (I asked what the implications of reducing the value was, but did not get a clear answer).

So, it really does look like the leaflet in the box is misleading, and there is no extended cover available for the 77G2 via the LG + D&G partnership - at least not up to the purchase price, and I would wonder about the validity of doing it at 2k.
I'd be happy if they gave me £2k towards a new TV, if I had to claim

Zarf2007

I guess the most expensive part of the tv would be the panel, and £2K would likely cover that.

jouster

I guess the most expensive part of the tv would be the panel, and £2K would likely cover that.
and the panel is covered for £5 years anyway

Zarf2007

when i tried to register for the 2K cover it wouldnt accept my sort code (kept saying it needed to be six digits even though it was) tried 3 different browsers to no avail.....super...

Zarf2007

and the panel is covered for £5 years anyway
btw has that been 100% confirmed if bought through insiders, because speaking to LG customer support they had not knowledge of that. they said it was 1 year only....

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Casimir Harlow
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Phil Hinton