LG G2 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

jouster

I may well end up with a Small C2 for the bedroom but it’s barely gonna get any use so maybe a waste. Something to hold out for IF prices drop at the end of the year

Last edited:

tomitomi

Standard Member
No I'm am looking to buy a 55 g2 and wanted to find out if anyone was having problems.

How do you like the TV?
It's brilliant! I upgraded from a mid range Samsung (non-QLED), and the difference is massive. Also bright enough for a super light-filled living room which was super important to me.

Cooney

It's brilliant! I upgraded from a mid range Samsung (non-QLED), and the difference is massive. Also bright enough for a super light-filled living room which was super important to me.
Same for me. 55G2 is a brilliant tv and although I am not a gamer I have just bought a PS5 and GranTourismo 7 - no problems whatsoever . In fact the game looks and feels incredible.

jouster

Similar story here, going from a 12-year-old Kuro plasma.....and that was already a great TV for HD material, even now.....but this it like night and day.....better black, better brightness, its smart, its 4K.....and its half the price I paid for the Kuro (thanks to Insiders)

UMAR 3:16

Similar story here, going from a 12-year-old Kuro plasma.....and that was already a great TV for HD material, even now.....but this it like night and day.....better black, better brightness, its smart, its 4K.....and its half the price I paid for the Kuro (thanks to Insiders)
I really wish I had known about the insiders… I only got offered the 55 C2/G2. I really only wanted the 77 G2!

jouster

I really wish I had known about the insiders… I only got offered the 55 C2/G2. I really only wanted the 77 G2!
yeah, I only found these posts by chance...still can't believe its a thing really

CaroleBaskin

Distinguished Member
Based on the 77” G2 RRP the cost per word for my review is on first impression, high 😏 But you can’t buy the kind of review I gave, it’s just priceless really.

Sunshinewelly

Distinguished Member
Can someone confirm whether the power lead to the TV is hard wired. 77G2. And if not is it a 2 pin or 3 pin plug. I have a figure 8 cable running from a spur behind my wall which I used to power my original Panasonic TV. With my current Sony I simply replaced the plug with a female 2 pin connector and hence coukd simply use the wall existing male figure 8. Is the LG 2 pin or 3pin.

Radox0

Can someone confirm whether the power lead to the TV is hard wired. 77G2. And if not is it a 2 pin or 3 pin plug. I have a figure 8 cable running from a spur behind my wall which I used to power my original Panasonic TV. With my current Sony I simply replaced the plug with a female 2 pin connector and hence coukd simply use the wall existing male figure 8. Is the LG 2 pin or 3pin.

As CaroleBaskin mentioned it is hardwired. Other places people have opened it up and made some tweaks. A poster, so all credit to him on OCUK showed how he tweaked things: LG 42-inch OLED

Sunshinewelly

Distinguished Member
I wonder if that's the same set up on the G2. My tv is still boxed for now and I can't check the cable to check if it's 2 pin or 3 pin.

jouster

Whilst my photo does it no justice, Wimbledon in UHD via iPlayer looks incredible.

04B56C7F-D9BE-4F34-8243-C81D8712BA0B.jpeg

Sound from TV isn’t bad at all either

spikecast

Mrs has been playing god of war on PS5, looks stunning on the G2!
7EA2874C-EBC1-4CF9-AF0D-48D84234C2C1.jpeg

me_here

I wonder if that's the same set up on the G2. My tv is still boxed for now and I can't check the cable to check if it's 2 pin or 3 pin.
I’m not sure why you’re wondering, the two posts above you have correctly answered your question and confirmed it is hardwired.

casian

Standard Member
I’m not sure why you’re wondering, the two posts above you have correctly answered your question and confirmed it is hardwired.
But how do we term 'hard-wired.' Normally I would assume this means the power cable is soldered to the board (most unlikely). I have still not received my g2 from The Insiders so can only look at pictures. It seems there are three screws holding the cover where the power cable exits. I would assume if this panel was removed you would find a 2/3 way connector as in my E6. A cable could be made up using flat blade crimps as in the above post. The original cable can then be reinstalled if there are any warranty issues.

CaroleBaskin

Distinguished Member
LG do allow you to cut the cord if you can provide a certificate from an electrician for the action (Silly I know).

You could always buy the power lead and replace using the connector method outlined above, but for most people the term hardwired is correct because it isn’t designed to be removed casually by the end user.

Sunshinewelly

Distinguished Member
With my Sony I replaced the plug with a female connector which I coukd then plug into the existing in wall male figure 8 lead. So if the LG is 2 pin I can use the same set up

casian

Standard Member
LG do allow you to cut the cord if you can provide a certificate from an electrician for the action (Silly I know).

You could always buy the power lead and replace using the connector method outlined above, but for most people the term hardwired is correct because it isn’t designed to be removed casually by the end user.
I rang LG and asked the question, They thought it was removable but if it wasn't and if I did cut the cable and remove the plug the warranty was void.
I told them I was an electrician and years ago nothing came with a plug!

CaroleBaskin

Distinguished Member
I rang LG and asked the question, They thought it was removable but if it wasn't and if I did cut the cable and remove the plug the warranty was void.
I told them I was an electrician and years ago nothing came with a plug!
I had to push the issue for my C1 and CX before it. Eventually they'll agree it can be cut but only by a qualified electrician and without the certificate they'll void the warranty.

Don't forget these are the same people who told someone here the G2 stand was free of charge and can be requested :D

HuntHV

Does anyone have the distance of the bottom of the 77 G2 TV to the bottom Vesa mounting holes, i currently have the 65 G1 and getting a 77 G2 delivered this week. i would like to see if i can just replace the TV without moving the vesa mount up. this would be temp until i prep the wall for flush fitting. i appreciate most will have theirs wall mounted already, so anyone with a 77 on legs if possible to check. Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Casimir Harlow
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Phil Hinton