LG G2 65 inch OLED TV Video Review

The other solution to the stand lean back issue, is just to use any other VESA compatible stand that takes your fancy - is probably going to be a lot cheaper too!

I use the one below with my C1 as the LG supplied stand is too low if you have a soundbar in front of the TV. Cost £25 and looks great (and I am very fussy on that front!).

Amazon product ASIN B07YDLBP6D

I don't think a 55 inch G1 launched at £1299 so comparing the price is a moot point if you want the latest display. If you want to save money then buy last year's model.

From the few seconds shown in the video review Web OS seems to have become very congested. Android TV is also ruined with so much garbage in its busy-dizzy homescreen interface and now LG has balls it up aswell.

Hopefully we will get pricing on the stand soon.

Phil

Could you kindly advise as to if you think the volume level and quality for the tv set alone is at least equal to or better than earlier 65" E7's, which had the integrated 'sound bar' (if that is what you could really call it)?

Yeah he mentions it 3.52 into the video, slight pink tint or hue at an angle.

Its there on many C2 screens also, I get a pink tint or pink hue on the right hand side but its only seen during almost almost full white scenes or white backgrounds and at an angle, agree with phil its not really a deal breaker and its still a lot more better then any other panel out there.
Does the G2 suffer from the blue tint/ shift visible on WBE panels mainly affecting whites when viewed even slightly off axis as the G1 did, in addition to the the pink tint at wide angles?

From the few seconds shown in the video review Web OS seems to have become very congested. Android TV is also ruined with so much garbage in its busy-dizzy homescreen interface and now LG has balls it up aswell.
It's a screen full of adverts by the looks of it. It used to be so streamlined, just a nice little pop up bar of app icons are the bottom.

I'm concerned with the motion. It seems that it is worst than last year's model. There are a great deal of artifact on fast motion like sports. As I watch hockey alot, I'm afraid to spend money on this beast. How is it on a regular sports viewing?

I'm concerned with the motion. It seems that it is worst than last year's model. There are a great deal of artifact on fast motion like sports. As I watch hockey alot, I'm afraid to spend money on this beast. How is it on a regular sports viewing?

I’ve got a C2 in the lounge, which is effectively the same, and with Trumotion turned off there is no issues for me - just watched the football on it

Very happy to see it getting into the 900nit zone 😍

Comparing to last year's A90J what are your thoughts? Peak nits seems better (900+ vs Just shy of 800) but when it comes to ABL/temporary retention ect?
You really cant notice much of a difference between 800 and 900 nits. 1000 nits is only twice as bright as 100 nits. What you will notice is greater color in the specular highlights if LG did improve DCI-P3 color volume.

I don't think a 55 inch G1 launched at £1299 so comparing the price is a moot point if you want the latest display. If you want to save money then buy last year's model.

Aye the G1 launched at about £2000, using current prices makes no sense when comparing against launch G2 prices.

Aye the G1 launched at about £2000, using current prices makes no sense when comparing against launch G2 prices.
Agreed. My point was entirely that I will need to make a choice between G1 and G2 in about a months time, and the massive price difference between the two of them makes it very tricky to go with the G2.

Agreed. My point was entirely that I will need to make a choice between G1 and G2 in about a months time, and the massive price difference between the two of them makes it very tricky to go with the G2.
I understand yhe predicament, I'll be going G2 as I have the luxury of waiting until later this year. However the heat sink plus lighter weight and new processer seems well priced when comparing launch prices of both models.

Does the G2 suffer from the blue tint/ shift visible on WBE panels mainly affecting whites when viewed even slightly off axis as the G1 did, in addition to the the pink tint at wide angles?

I don't have an G2 myself, but have an 42" C2 but it probably has an WBC older panel. Mine I have the blue tints on the sides which is always visible and pink on the right when viewed at an angle.

My blue tinting on the left however improved drastically after a weeks use and now is much less and towards the inner bezels only on the left and right sides (not top or bottom) so not an issue at all.

I think the G2 looked cleaner with less blue tinting on that video but sure as phil mentioned and showed the pink tint off axis which apparently nothing can be done about that.

I think if you really are concerned it might be worth waiting for Vincents HDTVtest and others fuller reviews, I think these guys have to give it a good 100 hours run in before reviewing so it might take another few weeks.

I don't even get any adverts or pop ups on my LG C2, soon as I press the on red button it just goes straight to hdmi 1 source (PC for me) no pop ups or Web OS seen just my source display so its ready to use asap.

LG allows you to disable the quick start+ and you can go to additional settings>home settings and also disable the home auto launch and home promotion.

I prefer a TV just being a TV and not taking that extra 10-20 seconds to load all that pop up stuff.

New firmware 3.10.43 available

The motion is meant to be one of the biggest improvements on the G2/C2 LG series over last year and before models, thanks to the new faster processor.

Another TV calibrator and Ytuber reviewer mentioned this with his C2 early thoughts here:

I watch a lot of MMA and so far its been smooth and decent on my 42 C2 and its only been a weeks run in, I use filmmaker mode which switches off all processing, since G2 uses the same processor and is better with an heatsink it should be even better id imagine. Bigger size screens
might show motion a tad more worse though.

This looks great, obviously.

But what's caught my eye is the introduction of a 97" model.

That's...what, about 210cm wide? We're getting into projection screen territory here.

I see the price is over £20k, but they're projecting that, when their new production facility is fully up and running, that could be as low as £10k, which is very favourable against a 4k laser projector.

Interesting times.

I don't even get any adverts or pop ups on my LG C2, soon as I press the on red button it just goes straight to hdmi 1 source (PC for me) no pop ups or Web OS seen just my source display so its ready to use asap.

LG allows you to disable the quick start+ and you can go to additional settings>home settings and also disable the home auto launch and home promotion.

I prefer a TV just being a TV and not taking that extra 10-20 seconds to load all that pop up stuff.
Yes because you are using a HDMI Source, but many are using TV Native Apps. It’s a disaster

The LG G2 pushes OLED technology ahead for another year with new video processing, heat dissipation technology and new OLED panel materials to drive up the nits, while producing some of the best HDR images the company has ever managed on a consumer TV. So is it the TV to beat in 2022? Let's find out in our video review...

The written review will follow soon...

Thank you for the review. I am considering this TV, but would like to know what wi-fi speeds it can reach and does it support 1GB Ethernet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom