LG G2 65 inch OLED TV Video Review

fluxedman

Yes because you are using a HDMI Source, but many are using TV Native Apps. It’s a disaster

Ok, maybe as an alternative you have LGs quick access hotkeys you can program, think its 8 max you can assign, you can add apps and sources so you long press 1-8 to access them.

This way I avoid going through web os or home, just long press 2 to access say Youtube.

gibbletts

@Phil Hinton very interested to learn more about the below from Andy's 4th January news article about the 2022 LG TV lineup:

"Another new feature (due later in 2022 via a firmware upgrade) is Room to Room Share which enables the viewing of cable or satellite content on another TV via Wi-Fi without an additional set-top-box."

Hopefully this will be part of your long term testing. Really keen to see how this works in reality - what formats are supported (up to 1080p HD or full 4K/HDR/Atmos), how this works while the TV is in operation or not, whether there are any CEC type controls available from one TV to the next. One thing LG has consistently failed with is it's native sports apps. The Now app doesn't support 50fps unlike on Sony & Samsung and there is still no BT Sport app. Being able to hook up one satellite box, Apple TV or firestick and use it on any other supported TV sounds a winner to me rather than having multiple external devices on each TV.

Aside from that, enjoyed the video review. Looks a fantastic TV and will potentially be my B6 replacement once price come down a bit.
I think you're going to be disappointed it only applies to the on-board sat and cable tuners so nothing major I had a Panasonic dx802 that would let me access the sat tuner over dlna, this is just a bit more fancy.

BRAKKUS1

Distinguished Member
Agreed. My point was entirely that I will need to make a choice between G1 and G2 in about a months time, and the massive price difference between the two of them makes it very tricky to go with the G2.

It isn't all champagne and roses though, they've removed 120hz BFI, which is such a shame because you're talking CRT motion at high framerates, with no drawbacks....granted not everyone uses it, and that's generally because they don't understand it and when to use it, but why they'd remove it is beyond me.

MaoSetzer

Novice Member
The LG G2 pushes OLED technology ahead for another year with new video processing, heat dissipation technology and new OLED panel materials to drive up the nits, while producing some of the best HDR images the company has ever managed on a consumer TV. So is it the TV to beat in 2022? Let's find out in our video review...

The written review will follow soon...

Thank you for this complete and great review.
Just wondering why, in 25% Windows, the peak luminance of the G2 is measured less than the G1 which is also less than the C1?
g2.jpg

G1.jpg

C1.jpg

A90j.jpg

Scotland11

I think you're going to be disappointed it only applies to the on-board sat and cable tuners so nothing major I had a Panasonic dx802 that would let me access the sat tuner over dlna, this is just a bit more fancy.

That would be a bit disappointing, yes, though might mean not having to wire in coaxial cable for the rarest of times where I watch Freeview.

On the LG newsroom website it said:
5 Room To Room Share available via firmware upgrade in first half of 2022. Supports content from set-top boxes and terrestrial broadcasts only.

I took from set-top boxes that it meant Sky/Virgin/BTTV/Enigma 2/Apple TV and figured that should apply for any HDMI input. Wouldn't be the first time a press release was not clear.

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Thank you for this complete and great review.
Just wondering why, in 25% Windows, the peak luminance of the G2 is measured less than the G1 which is also less than the C1?
View attachment 1680966
View attachment 1680967
View attachment 1680968
View attachment 1680975
It's probably an effect of them changing the processing algorithm which is part of the Evo tech they talk about. Plus, measurements do vary and we take them in a continuously expanding pattern that runs a couple of seconds for each window, the Calman default to taking the measurements.

Joe C

Distinguished Member
Snow scenes while watching winter sports I find very poor on a OLED.
Hoth scenes in ESB always my benchmark for that - fortunately fine on mine

monkster

Novice Member
Hoth scenes in ESB always my benchmark for that - fortunately fine on mine
Yeah maybe, but I have another tv to compare the difference against and you just don't get the same crisp whites and white pop. Just a fact was a let down watching the skiing.

Joe C

Distinguished Member
Yeah maybe, but I have another tv to compare the difference against and you just don't get the same crisp whites and white pop. Just a fact was a let down watching the skiing.

So do I

me_here

Are 'other' stands an option..?

Images in use with my 65 C1;

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom