LG G1 OLED55 will not turn on.

budgieboy

Standard Member
Hi Guys,
The TV turned off unexpectedly with red light on. Tried to turn on with remote. It receives signal but will not turn on? Repeated a few times.
Assumed it had shut down itself as it can do, but a warning has come up before to allow or stop.
Tried the manual switch under the screen intergrated with wifi remote receiver, no joy. Only the small usual red flash off but retuns to on permenant.
Pulled the power supply and reconnect, no joy.
Disconnected power and left to cool off even though it did not seem too warm.
Reconnect and no joy. Tried the Amazon FS remote and flashes but no joy,
Used a power lead to try in another socket, same and no joy. Located the trouble shooting online manual and confirms there is an internal thermal cut-out if temp is too high. All other options had been done leaving me having to make a call Monday to someone. It's only a couple of months from new.
Anybody else had this or known experience or know what else it may be?
I was very concerned about the protrusion of the wifi receiver unit and made sure it was never stood on edge anytime when installing, so not damaged.
Thanks.

budgieboy

Standard Member
Nobody seems to have experience of this. But I have an update.

Received a voice mail today (very fast Spanish) that the issue was the screen and LG will send a new one.
The new one will arrive tomorrow (Tue) and will be delivered later in the afternoon.

The confusion is and maybe lost in translation, it was definitely stated "Pantalla" which is screen.
From what I saw, the TV is just a screen and not to a laymen something easy to replace quickly.
They had said a replacement might be sent when collected and common practice if repair is difficult.
Anyone know how easy or difficult it would be replacing a screen for interest?
Kind of hoping a new item arrives.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
If it is a replacement LCD panel they should also be arranging for a technician to replace it.
It's not something you can fit yourself.
I suggest you get back in touch with them.

budgieboy

Standard Member
The TV was collected the following day after I wrote the OP by the area franchise for LG. That was last Thursday.
A s per above, the replacement screen due to arrive today (Tue) and informed it will be delivered late in the day Based on that, does not appear to be such a difficult and time consuming job.
We shall see.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I suspect the OP has the wrong end of the stick.
A dealer would never do that, I suspect they’re sending a replacement TV.

budgieboy

Standard Member
Correct ^^^. Waiting on delivery of the TV as stated.
Unsure if it will arrive at the LG franchise early enough for them to replace and send out. Not unduly bothered if it's tomorrow.

budgieboy

Standard Member
To update my thread.
The TV was collected 15th Aug and diagnosed as a Screen issue needing a replacement. It was returned after 4days and given a form deeming it needs to be sent to the seller and either replace TV or refund. Had to take the latter as no replacement could be sourced?
It turns out there was a supply shortage. Loads of searching and all no-stock, other than 300€ added.
Finally last Monday 6th Sept found two sellers were showing available and placed the order. Recipt showing delivery will be before 18th Sept.
Next day received an SMS it was being prepared for shipping and delivery tomorrow 9th Sept.🤞

budgieboy

Standard Member
Arrived safe n sound, up and running.
Now going to suffer the setting up and cleaning up. Maybe it wont be so daunting this time🙈

Can anyone remind me if or how I may need to register the new TV, I cannot recall if I had to do it last time?

iamimmortal

Novice Member
Sir, please respond; I am having the same exact issue on a LG G1 I purchased literally 3 days ago. Was working perfectly fine, then randomly turned off…never turned on again. Have tried all your original methods as well. Solid light, blinks when button is pressed, then goes back to solid. It broke 20 minutes after customer service hours ended, so I’ll definitely be calling them tomorrow, but I basically wanted to know if this means this panel is dead&gone….thanks again. Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom