LG G1 Built in Mount in Safe in Extended mode?

Kanata23

Novice Member
Hello Folks

I'm having a conundrum.

I'm planning to buy the G1 Evo 77 in a few days. But my power and data on the wall are on the wrong side (right side instead of left, and cannot be changed now). I was thinking of going C1 with a Vesa but the gap would be nearly 3 inches from the bottom Vesa mount, and nearly 5 inches from the top half of the TV.

I really want the flush look, and despise having to use Vesa mounts on TVs (I hate 2-3 inch wall gap).

So a simple question. How strong is the LG wall bracket? Can the LG wall bracket be left extended by 2-3cm?

I was thinking of using the LG wall bracket and simply extending it slightly (instead of putting it in the full recessed position). This would have the bracket extend out maybe an 2-3 centimeters as the network cable and maybe power cable rest against the back TV.

This would achieve a near flush look, but I would only consider if safe to do so.

Basically is it safe leaving in this mode?
Annotation 2021-09-16 134504.png

Last edited:

chenks

the bracket is designed to be used whilst in the "locked" position.

a better idea would be to put a spacer between the wall and the bracket, a piece of wood or such like, so that the whole bracket is the required 2-3cm away from the wall.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom