LG G1 65 inch red and green vertical line

caterpillerseed

Novice Member
I purchased my first ever OLED panel (65 inch G1) a few months ago and as any new OLED user the first thing I did was check for any dead pixels and screen uniformity. Aside from a few dead blue subpixels (which I didnt mind much), I've come across an issue I havent seen online before. I noticed that on a yellow background there is a clear red vertical line on the outermost left side of the screen and a green vertical line on the right side.

Even when watching regular content, if there is any shade of yellow on the outer edge the red vertical line becomes visible. I contacted LG and they put in a replacement TV for me in the hopes the issue wont be replicated. But as I suspected the replacement TV had the exact same issue.

Using the LG service remote I checked the panel type and manufacturer.

Its a WBE panel made in Guangzhou. After contacting LG again they told me that it is a manufacturing fault and that any replacement will most likely have the same issue and finally offered me a refund. Even though I was quite disappointed with the outcome, the support I got from LG was quite impressive.

I had a feeling that all the panels would have this issue so while taking a stroll in the mall I passed by a store that had LG OLED panels (G1, C1) on display and observed the left outermost area of the panel to see if they suffered from the same issue I had. As i suspected on any yellow content a red vertical line is seen. Here in Egypt the only manufacturer that offers OLED is LG. Sony doesnt really have a presence here especially with their high end TVs (A80, A90). So our only OLED option is LG.

Has anyone come across a similar issue? Can it be resolved in newer batches?

deorder

Novice Member
I purchased my first ever OLED panel (65 inch G1) a few months ago and as any new OLED user the first thing I did was check for any dead pixels and screen uniformity. Aside from a few dead blue subpixels (which I didnt mind much), I've come across an issue I havent seen online before. I noticed that on a yellow background there is a clear red vertical line on the outermost left side of the screen and a green vertical line on the right side.

Even when watching regular content, if there is any shade of yellow on the outer edge the red vertical line becomes visible. I contacted LG and they put in a replacement TV for me in the hopes the issue wont be replicated. But as I suspected the replacement TV had the exact same issue.

Using the LG service remote I checked the panel type and manufacturer.

Its a WBE panel made in Guangzhou. After contacting LG again they told me that it is a manufacturing fault and that any replacement will most likely have the same issue and finally offered me a refund. Even though I was quite disappointed with the outcome, the support I got from LG was quite impressive.

I had a feeling that all the panels would have this issue so while taking a stroll in the mall I passed by a store that had LG OLED panels (G1, C1) on display and observed the left outermost area of the panel to see if they suffered from the same issue I had. As i suspected on any yellow content a red vertical line is seen. Here in Egypt the only manufacturer that offers OLED is LG. Sony doesnt really have a presence here especially with their high end TVs (A80, A90). So our only OLED option is LG.

Has anyone come across a similar issue? Can it be resolved in newer batches?

I have the same issue I think: Oled Yellow/Red Tint

I see vertical bars scattered across the screen alternating between pink and green, especially when sitting in front of the TV between 1 and 3m away. The outer left side is bright pink/reddish, the outer right side is green mostly visible when having a mid gray to white background. Did it also slightly disappear for you when moving to the right? Not easy to take a picture of it.

Same panel (WBE/MMG/GZ) here.

Update: You are correct. It is very visible when having a fullscreen solid yellow image on the screen.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom