LG Freeview

droid44

Novice Member
I recently bought a new LG smart tv with Freeview to replace a 2013 model which died but I’m unable to receive most of the channels I had before. I’m using the same communal aerial and cable as before but now get no terrestrial or HD channels and fewer radio stations when I auto tune in setting up the TV.
I currently get 57 TV and 12 radio channels my question is there a problem with built in Freeview in 2021 LG models sold exclusively by Currys or is it a problem with LG TV’s in general.

Attachments

• 4D4E7B86-5B8A-40B6-82A2-6F9ED50A95EE.jpeg
    4D4E7B86-5B8A-40B6-82A2-6F9ED50A95EE.jpeg
    272.3 KB · Views: 14

Phosphoric

Standard Member
I recently bought a new LG smart tv with Freeview to replace a 2013 model which died but I’m unable to receive most of the channels I had before. I’m using the same communal aerial and cable as before but now get no terrestrial or HD channels and fewer radio stations when I auto tune in setting up the TV.
I currently get 57 TV and 12 radio channels my question is there a problem with built in Freeview in 2021 LG models sold exclusively by Currys or is it a problem with LG TV’s in general.
I've just bought a 43UP81006LR and got the full range of freeview channels available in my area including all the HD channels. I just used auto tuning with Digital only channels selected.

Upvote 0

JayCee

Distinguished Member
No, there is no problem with LG TV's sold by Curry’s or anywhere else.
Did you select the Freeview (not Freesat) tuning option.

Upvote 0

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Check the aerial cable for signs of damage, update the firmware, try a factory reset, try a different flylead. Reseat all cables, keeping HDMI leads away from aerial co-ax.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom