LG Freeview system

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by nealb, Jan 3, 2005.

1. nealb

nealb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've tried to get some feedback on this from the all on one systems forum but to no avail.

LG DAT200 all in one / freeview system.

Does anyone know anything about these?

At £120 they could be a bit of a bargain and cut down on the box count. Also fantastic for a bedroom instead of a standard freeview box.

If anyone has got one can you use the freeview through the TV without using the sound system part.

Is it 8 day guide compatable?

http://ws4.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=LG-DAT200

Cheers for any help recived.

2. nealb

nealb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Well I got one of these from Richersounds to see what they're like.

Quite well made and comes with all the leeds you'll ever need.

Sound quality not too bad although the sub needs turning up a little compared to the others to make itself felt properly. For some reason though the unit I have makes things sound echoey on very low volumes... No reason why. Maybe a dud?

Freeview tuner fantasic as pulling in all the channels - much better than my Netgem i-player for this. Doesnt seem to support 8 day EPG though.

Now the bad news. There are scart and composite connections to the TV. Problem being that composite is all thats available to the scart too.

What a waste of a good idea and the reason why I'm taking it back as it ruins the picture. You can tell it's trying to give out a good picture.

What a shame. Can't believe LG have done something like this...