LG Freesat tuning using existing satellite cables - programmes but no picture?

belgarion

Standard Member
Hi. Just bought a Lg 55 Nano866PA. The previous owners of the house had Sky. I connected one of the cables into the input port and scanned for channels. It found all of the freesat channels (Edit: tried both cables - same thing 150 channels). I can see them in the guide. But when I try to access any of them, I get either “No Signal“ or “Invalid Service”. I don’t understand why the TV can seem to see the channels but not allow me to access them. Has anyone else experienced this?

TIA
Bel

Last edited:

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Did the previous owners have SkyQ? If so, then the dish probably has the wrong type of LNB for the TV. A friendly dish installer is probably your friend.

flaming lips

Novice Member
Hi. Just bought a Lg 55 Nano866PA. The previous owners of the house had Sky. I connected one of the cables into the input port and scanned for channels. It found all of the freesat channels (Edit: tried both cables - same thing 150 channels). I can see them in the guide. But when I try to access any of them, I get either “No Signal“ or “Invalid Service”. I don’t understand why the TV can seem to see the channels but not allow me to access them. Has anyone else experienced this?

TIA
Bel
I have got the same issue with a new LG 43UP75006LF - I have got an exisiting Freesat box that works fine, however, when i connect one of the cables directly into the back of the TV, i get a no signal message. The scan seems to work fine and it finds 151 channels, plus the live tv guide works with all the current info - however, it just won't show a picture.

When i scan using "other" satellite, instead of Freesat, the programmes that it finds are viewable - however, there aren't many of them and they don't include the main ones such as BBC etc. This implies the LNB is right, thererfore, anyone any idea why i can't view Freesat? Thanks

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Is your TV a Freesat model? If not, then what you’re seeing is correct, because of the of the Freesat software overlay.

flaming lips

Novice Member
Is your TV a Freesat model? If not, then what you’re seeing is correct, because of the of the Freesat software overlay.
I assume it's a Freesat model - it defaults to a Freesat scan and comes up with the Freesat logo on the tv guide / list?

belgarion

Standard Member
Hi. Contacted a Satellite installer. He swapped out a piece on the satellite dish and the problem was corrected.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom