LG Frame Interpolation / Trumotion

MultiRoom

I have had a few LG OLEDs, and I am one of those who finds the interpolation feature essential, albeit at a very low customised setting, particularly on a larger screen.

I jumped ship and sold my LGs, and moved to Panasonic in 2018, simply due to what were referred to commonly as "splash artefacts" when using Trumotion on the LGs. This was a difficult to ignore almost fractal like artefact that nearly always presented itself when Trumotion was enabled. When Panasonic released an OLED I ditched the LG and of course interpolation on the Panny was all but flawless.

Now I want a larger screen, and Panasonic only go to 65inch with their OLEDs.

My question is: have LG sorted out the performance of Trumotion now? I do recall it was a talking point in these forums before, so hoping someone can remember the issues I'm referring to and compare them to the performance of LG OLEDs that are currently on the market.

Hoping progress has been made!

Cheers all.

next010

Distinguished Member
Its better than it was before for sure.

On the C1/G1 series the cinematic movement option in trumotion solves the low 24p stutter OLED's are more prone to, see example.

LG OLED motion pro is black frame insertion and much better on the C1/G1 series than past models with less brightness reduction even at the high setting.

That said this is probably something you should try to see in store on any size C1 model you can find and ask to test for yourself with some videos on a USB drive, don't blind buy.

MultiRoom

Its better than it was before for sure.

On the C1/G1 series the cinematic movement option in trumotion solves the low 24p stutter OLED's are more prone to, see example.

LG OLED motion pro is black frame insertion and much better on the C1/G1 series than past models with less brightness reduction even at the high setting.

That said this is probably something you should try to see in store on any size C1 model you can find and ask to test for yourself with some videos on a USB drive, don't blind buy.
Thanks for that. I'll take the time to view a screen before I make a decision.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom