LG exits phone market

Everything Goes

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
LG are to stop making mobile phones. Their market share had fallen substantially over the years despite trying to innovate. Phones like the weird dual screen LG Wing, the modular G5 and laser focus cameras were very good at the time.

It is a pity as I am a great fan of LG phones,

I still have an LG V20 which I kept as it has a removable metal back, and a user replaceable battery,

I thinks it was an under appreciated brand which was not helped by the Company's marketing decisions to release new phones but make them unavailable in the UK, and Europe.

Plus it was often slow in releasing software updates.

Always liked LG. Had a Nexus, G2 and G4. The V series were more difficult to get so made the jump to Samsung.
Shame as some of their innovations were quite cool, actually trying to move things forward rather than just the same idea but slightly bigger.

One person's "innovation" is another person's "creating a solution for a problem that does not exist"

I was just looking at LG phones this weekend as I still use a G5 and showing signs that it's time for me to change it. It's a shame really as I'm not really drawn to Samsung and iPhones as others are, so I'll have to start looking for alternative brands.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom