LG EG960V owners and discussion thread

Spoke to Currys technical department and they knew nothing about the upgrades to eg960 . The manager said they can only replace what was originally in the TV and any modification I need to go back to LG. Now my problem is , it's now out of one year on site warranty with LG. So unless LG agree to replace it with ZD board I'm kind of stuck.

Yeah it sounds to me like they're treating it as some sort of unofficial "mod" to the TV, which I guess comes down to the fact these people in the technical department aren't really *that* technically minded about the specifics in this case.

I suspect you're going to have LG and Currys keep trying to shift you off to the other. Given LG are technically no longer liable for providing any further warranty on either the TV or the faulty board, I suspect you'll have a much better chance of getting things sorted with Currys.

Go back to them and tell them that LG replaced a defective board under the manufacturer's warranty, using OEM parts and now that part is defective so you're asking them to replace it. I suppose the only uncertainty is whether you'd get a ZA or ZD board put in, no idea what LG even have stock left of, but perhaps by this point all the ZAs were either used up or recalled.

If you were to get a ZA board fitted, I suppose you could enquire about Equinox fitting a ZD board; don't think it's too prohibitively expensive, but definitely worth trying the warranty route through Currys first. Hope you get it sorted anyway.

Yeah it sounds to me like they're treating it as some sort of unofficial "mod" to the TV, which I guess comes down to the fact these people in the technical department aren't really *that* technically minded about the specifics in this case.

I suspect you're going to have LG and Currys keep trying to shift you off to the other. Given LG are technically no longer liable for providing any further warranty on either the TV or the faulty board, I suspect you'll have a much better chance of getting things sorted with Currys.

Go back to them and tell them that LG replaced a defective board under the manufacturer's warranty, using OEM parts and now that part is defective so you're asking them to replace it. I suppose the only uncertainty is whether you'd get a ZA or ZD board put in, no idea what LG even have stock left of, but perhaps by this point all the ZAs were either used up or recalled.

If you were to get a ZA board fitted, I suppose you could enquire about Equinox fitting a ZD board; don't think it's too prohibitively expensive, but definitely worth trying the warranty route through Currys first. Hope you get it sorted anyway.

Spoke with LG today and they said go back to Curry's. They said they are happy to speak with them and confirm my board was updated but couldn't help with having it replaced.

Emailed Equinox and waiting to hear how much it would cost to get the board replaced just incase I get nowhere with Curry's.

Just got the quote from Equinox and it's not good.

onsite visit for a mainboard replacement:

Call out charge £115 + vat
Part £210.96 + vat
Delivery of the part £15 + vat
Total: £409.15
I can almost buy a TV with hdr already built in for that price.

Just got the quote from Equinox and it's not good.

onsite visit for a mainboard replacement:

Call out charge £115 + vat
Part £210.96 + vat
Delivery of the part £15 + vat
Total: £409.15
I can almost buy a TV with hdr already built in for that price.

I'd focus on getting Currys to replace it under Warranty then. LG seem willing to help you there at least, so that's probably the best bet.

Decided to pick one of these up for £950 over a Samsung KS9000 for the same price, both 55". Have I made the correct choice? I have seen neither in the flesh, but thought the OLED would give the best picture. I am worried about the lack of newer HDR features in the OLED though.

Decided to pick one of these up for £950 over a Samsung KS9000 for the same price, both 55". Have I made the correct choice? I have seen neither in the flesh, but thought the OLED would give the best picture. I am worried about the lack of newer HDR features in the OLED though.

Yes! I paid £3600 2 years ago! HDR works fine.

Thanks Dave. The KS9000 has great reviews and is newer, so it was a difficult decision. I just hope this TV doesn’t disappoint, it will be mainly HD freeview channels and some Netflix that I will be watching anyway.

Thanks Dave. The KS9000 has great reviews and is newer, so it was a difficult decision. I just hope this TV doesn’t disappoint, it will be mainly HD freeview channels and some Netflix that I will be watching anyway.
Make sure the tv is the ZD version. If it is the ZA return it.

ZD - HDR by HDMI
ZA - HDR only in the internal apps.

You can see the version in the sticker on the side of the box.

Will I not be eligible for the free upgrade anymore?

I think some users started to have problems with that, not sure though.

As it is a 2015 tv, LG may not be willing to do it forever.

But hey, you can always give them a phone call if you want.

Nothing ventured.....

I got this setup today and it gives a great picture, however the picture on my Shield TV doesn’t touch the edge of the screen? It does on my humax box though. Is there a setting I am missing?

Sorted the last problem through the settings on the Shield, however I can’t solve this one.

The TV was manufactured in May 2016 and says it is a ZD on the back sticker. However I cannot get it to show HdR in Amazon TV from the Shield via the HDMI 1 and 2. I have enabled ultra colour and the Shield Is showing it is outputting 4K rec 2020 YUV 420 etc...

I have swapped HDMI ports and cables to no avail. The HDR plays fine via the in built amazon on the TV. I also cannot get Blue Planet 2 to play in 4K from the iPlayer App on the Shield or on the TV app.

Help....

One last plea for help.

I bought an Xbox S to see if I could get HDR out of that, but also no. Even though the TV says ZD, there are only two HDMI ports that are Ultra Deep copilot enabled. Shouldn’t it be three for a ZD board?

Also is there a way to do a factory reset to see if that works?

One last plea for help.

I bought an Xbox S to see if I could get HDR out of that, but also no. Even though the TV says ZD, there are only two HDMI ports that are Ultra Deep copilot enabled. Shouldn’t it be three for a ZD board?

Also is there a way to do a factory reset to see if that works?

You may have a faulty unit. Yes HDR should work on 3 HDMI ports.

Factory reset I think its under general settings, not sure though, and I am away from home now.

Right, back to the dealer then, I may try LG first though.

Got my 960 up for sale and have ordered a C7. 65”. So I’m outta here guys. It’s been fun!

Anyone now what the new software update does for this TV 04.05.50 ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom