LG EF950V owners and discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... My new 65" is considerably better than the last one,

1. The blacks are not as good on this TV as the last. Much more blocky!??! Whether that just means it needs to bed in, I don't know.

2. It's not as bright as the last one. Still plenty bright, but it is noticeable that it isn't as bright with any given OLED light setting.

3. (This is a wierd one). I am getting a white line down the side of Netflix on the top right side, when paused or in the menus. WTF is that all about??? Is this coincidence and something has happened to Netflix globally recently? If not, how can my current TV's Netflix setup be different from the previous one??? It doesn't affect viewing actual content, but it is rather odd, and bloody annoying!
1) I've experienced this - I think it is to do with the gamma of each individual set. I'm sure calibration would sort it, if not just running it in.

2) Each set probably differs a bit in brightness, you take part in the lottery you take your chances. However. Calibration will probably mean the set is generally dimmer anyway.

3) the first 950 I had displayed a green line down the right hand side of one film. I played the same film on another 959, just scan as well, and no green line. It'll be the slight overscan differences between sets maybe. Shouldn't be a problem, especially if other people are seeing it.

1) I've experienced this - I think it is to do with the gamma of each individual set. I'm sure calibration would sort it, if not just running it in.
I'm hoping that's the case

lol, for some reason i read your post the other way around, i'm dyslexic but i dont usually get things that wrong, i ****ing love breaking bad.

Lol no worries. I must admit I had to scratch my head.

Breaking bad, probably the best series ever made.

Absolutely ;) Never seen better :)

Back on topic, collecting my 65" on monday from the other supplier of these LG's

Have the adapter plate ready so all is good.......Fingers crossed.
The latest post's seem to be more positive of late, i wont be posting pics of slides as i don't think they matter in the real world (just my opinion) not that i would know how to anyway LOL, going to run it for a bit and maybe consider calibration, had it done on my Fujitsu P50XHA40 then went on to a Samsung PS64D8000 un calibrated as it was pretty good out of the box.
Update will be incoming ;)

Breaking bad, probably the best series ever made.

It's bloody marvellous. I'd not seen it until a couple of weeks ago, but I am addicted! The Mrs and I sat down the other night to watch and episode and ending up going to bed at 3 in the morning having watched 6 on the trot. What on earth we will do when we've gone through all these old episodes, I have no idea!

Guys,

Got another Mounting question on the night that I hopefully can make a decision to buy the 55 950V. I've read so much about the non compatible VESA style mounting but I am still confused.

I want to mount it tight to the wall like a painting, is that possible? If I look at the picture/manual for the official LG mount it looks like there is much space between the unit and the wall because you can tilt it. Still, don't know for sure if I see it right..

Can you guys help me out? Maybe someone already got this LG mount?

Guys,

Got another Mounting question on the night that I hopefully can make a decision to buy the 55 950V. I've read so much about the non compatible VESA style mounting but I am still confused.

I want to mount it tight to the wall like a painting, is that possible? If I look at the picture/manual for the official LG mount it looks like there is much space between the unit and the wall because you can tilt it. Still, don't know for sure if I see it right..

Can you guys help me out? Maybe someone already got this LG mount?
Try here
LG OTW150 OLED Mount

Yeah It's there on mine also, must be the transmission
Here you go

Thanks mate. Funny thing is it's on pretty much all Netflix content at the moment. It's like the projectionist at the cinema has fallen asleep and knocked the projector out of whack!

Thanks mate. Funny thing is it's on pretty much all Netflix content at the moment. It's like the projectionist at the cinema has fallen asleep and knocked the projector out of whack!
No problem mate

Anyone know if it's possible to get into the Service Menu to check the hours with just the stand remote?

Watched jurassic world tonight in 2d as the missus mum and dad are here for the weekend, even the missus mum said that's a bloody good pic, which is a rarity, I had to agree though it looked stunning from beginning to end, film wasn't bad but nowhere near as good as the original, I urge anyone who's spent a fortune on the tv to spend a further £200 getting it calibrated to get the most out of the tv!

Anyone know if it's possible to get into the Service Menu to check the hours with just the stand remote?
If you have an android device that transmits IR, there is an app called LGSM2. You can get into the service menu with that app. Just hit the magic button then Code 0413. Seen this post about eg960v don't know if it works If it does be carful I hear service menus can wreck your tv

If you have an android device that transmits IR, there is an app called LGSM2. You can get into the service menu with that app. Just hit the magic button then Code 0413. Seen this post about eg960v don't know if it works If it does be carful I hear service menus can wreck your tv
I can't find the LGSM2 app on the app store?

Watched jurassic world tonight in 2d as the missus mum and dad are here for the weekend, even the missus mum said that's a bloody good pic, which is a rarity, I had to agree though it looked stunning from beginning to end, film wasn't bad but nowhere near as good as the original, I urge anyone who's spent a fortune on the tv to spend a further £200 getting it calibrated to get the most out of the tv!
Did the pro calibrater do a straight 2.4 gamma I read hdtv test website do 2.4 from 20ire and 5ire 2.1 10ire 2.2 15 ire 2.3 on oleds they review

The 55" is showing as available for delivery this Sunday on Currys... Looks like they were holding stock for black friday. I ordered last week and my delivery isn't due until Dec 7th...
I was considering cancelling and reordering to get that 13% quidco, but sounds like it doesn't stack with the 10% code. Guess I'll just have to hang tight.

Oh dear...I didn't see those t&c's in my haste to order before going to work. Its tracked on quidco, will let you know if it is accepted. My set is coming tomorrow, phone currys and see if they can bring your delivery forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom