Answered LG EC930V screen burn/image retention..what do I do once I am in the service menu?

SSThing

Established Member
Reaction score
As per the title.
I watch a lot of BBC News24 and have noticed that the screen retains the logos etc at the bottom as a ghost image.
I have finally managed to access the `EZ_ADJUST` options, what do I do now to hopefully clear this problem?

Thank you in anticipation.

Not sure there's anything you can do in the Service menu tbh

Have you leaving the set plugged in at the mains to let it do it's auto compensation cycles in standby as this should clear / stop IR happening in the 1st place.

Thank you NM2160.
I have been reading for hours and it has only just occurred to me that because I have everything running through an `energy saver` socket, when I turn the tv off with the remote it turns the power off to everything completely thus preventing any of the compensation cycles to run. So I currently have the TV powered up but turned off with the button on the back. Fingers crossed this will cure the issue.

And we have success!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30 minutes in standby and the screen is completely back to normal.
Thanks again.

And we have success!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30 minutes in standby and the screen is completely back to normal.
Thanks again.

Glad to hear you've got it sorted :smashin:.

As long as you ensure that the tv isn't completely powered off at the mains when you put it into standby & therefore allowing it to do it's auto compensation cycles then you should be ok :smashin:.

I have this set and it is reassuring to know that whilst oled can be prone to staining/burn or whatever you want to call it, LG have a fix for it. In this instance it seems it was never allowed to complete it's cleaning cycle but as soon as it was put into action, issue resolved.
Just proves the importance of this compensation cycle and why I have never had an issue even though I have abused the set somewhat with static stuff now and again.

It was certainly a bit of an `IT Crowd` moment for me:rolleyes:
It could possibly explain the numerous reports of image retention on store display sets because the power to these are all controlled by a master switch that isolates the power overnight, leaving them in the same situation as me.

It's been 18 months since I made this enquiry and here is an update.
I have moved house and now live in as a full time carer for someone. My TV viewing is frequently interrupted and I regularly pause both live TV and recording playback. This can be for a few minutes but can often be much longer.
I now have image retention that is of the play/pause button displayed by my Humax FVP-4000T. The Humax has no screen saver facility. My set is never powered off completely (just into standby), so the screen refresh should be running at least once every 24 hours.
The retention is most noticeable on blue screens and almost invisible on red or green. In normal use its hardly ever an issue but now it is there it's a frustration.
Any suggestions please?

Attachments

• 20191123_093448.jpg
    20191123_093448.jpg
    799.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 20191123_094126.jpg
    20191123_094126.jpg
    549.2 KB · Views: 94

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom