LG E9 vs BX or CX

frelpan

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello guys! Where I live I can get a 65inch LG E9 for around 100punds cheaper then BX and 300pounds cheaper then the CX. I really like the design of the E9 but do you think it's worth to cough up alittle more for the newer ones in BX or CX? Appreciate any feedback. Regards

my plan is to get a GX (same panel as the CX)..but it lays flat on the wall doesn't have a stand...get it as cheap as possible than ask john lewis to price match then get an extended warranty that covers burn in or wait for black friday deals!

my plan is to get a GX (same panel as the CX)..but it lays flat on the wall doesn't have a stand...get it as cheap as possible than ask john lewis to price match then get an extended warranty that covers burn in or wait for black friday deals!
I was looking at the GX too, but I saw some setup videos that seem to suggest it doesn't actually sit flush to the wall like a QLED.

Apparently to achieve that look you have to cut a hole in the wall for a box to fit in behind the TV. I may be mistaken as I've not looked into it in great detail, but with that in mind I've reverted back to eyeing up the CX.

That's not an option for me, GX here in Sweden is around 1300 pounds above the mentioned E9, alittle more then I'd like to lay on a TV. But I might take your idea and wait for BF deals.

The E9 in many ways is better than the CX and certainly better than the BX. Its an older model though, so the panel it uses and software is older.

If you are buying a TV without a soundbar its a no brainer to get the discounted E9 which has decent built in sound compared to the other options.

Thank you for your reply. I'm planning on getting a Sonos arc or equivalent so the sound angle might not apply to me as much. Software wise then, is it more along better "smart tv" or has it something to do with picture quality? Because most of the content will come from a solid HTPC. Regards

The 2020 models run WebOS5 instead of 4.5 but its not clear of the differences, the younger one will receive updates later than the older though. The E9 also supports DTS audio, although with a Sonos bar that isn't really useful.

If you plan on pairing the TV with its own sound bar then much of what you are getting with the E9 is wasted. The design of the TV is more aesthetically pleasing than the CX but you will probably just be better off getting the more modern BX or CX. Just beware that because of the time of year right now you'll be overpaying for the BX and CX compared to the E9, since those are close to the start of the pricing cycles and are currently priced high, whilst the E9 is over a year old now and cheaper.

BX vs CX is just case a few small differences moistly to picture processing. You can compare the difference at rtings.com

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom